Triton and Pax Bellum ARID

Discussion in 'Triton Applied Reef Bioscience' started by Newyorkerx, Feb 1, 2016.

1. roberthu526

roberthu526 Valuable Member

Thank you so much for the detailed write up! This is super helpful. I was looking to get the C36 but now I am rethinking the whole design of the system.

CMO likes this.

2. Jordan Kutun

Jordan Kutun Active Member

I have a pax bellum arid 36 for sale

3. FartyParty

FartyParty Active Member

Are you open to an external skimmer? I run Triton on a 50 gallon cube and the sump is essentially a refugium. I have the skimmer in an adjacent cabinet, behind closed doors, and is plumbed off the manifold. If you go with a reactor, you may lose the effect of the refugium catching all of your waste. I have another thread where filter socks are not recommended with triton, and if you are running your algae in a reactor off a manifold, I can’t see getting around the use of filter socks.

4. roberthu526

roberthu526 Valuable Member

I sent you a PM

5. iReefer12

iReefer12 Active Member

Finally was able to set up my Arid C36 this week.

Had Chaeto in for 2 days now. Po4 was 1.26 and Nitrate around 32 on the day I placed chaeto in, will report back to see how this goes.

Not sure when I need to start dosing Nitrate, Fe and the other stuff, so any advice would be appreciated.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. saltwaterpicaso

saltwaterpicaso Well-Known Member Build Thread Contributor

I have had an n18 for 2 months first go round I did not add enough cheato and it died off I thought that was odd this time I almost filled it and am a week into it hoping it takes off other than that its a great looking unit fingers crossed it works this time around

Draft saved Draft deleted