Triton Core7 - contains aminos and other good stuff?

Discussion in 'Triton Applied Reef Bioscience' started by jzw, Mar 6, 2018.

1. jzw

jzw Active Member

just curious, do the core7 products contain any amino acids, etc. (like say, red sea's reef energy), or should i be dosing (in addition) reef energy?

i'm aware the method states amino acids and proteins and lipids etc are a natural by-product of marco algae and other bio-waste breakdown, so it's not necessary... just asking.

the natural follow-on question would be... does anyone dose reef enery-type products while running the triton method? with noticiable results?

i couldn't make heads or tails of randy's (@Randy Holmes-Farley) previous thread of similar nature (a bit too over my head, lol)

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/a...roteins-carbohydrates-and-metabolites.359116/

Tags:

2. Tim@Triton

Tim@Triton Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Platinum Sponsor

The Core7 solutions do not contain any amino acids, they are not required to be dosed additionally when running the full Triton Method.

Lasse likes this.
  3. jzw

jzw Active Member

thanks @Tim@Triton.

any mad dosers out there? gotta be!

4. jzw

jzw Active Member

ok... following up on this thread myself...

we're running triton core 7, bare bottom.

we've been testing zeros for nitrates and phosphates for months, and our sps frags have been pale, and chalices not as colorful as they should be. we were told our tank was too clean. i've heard rumors that triton systems, when run with light bio-load, are usually ULNS. as is ours. as is BRS's.

so following professional advice, i dosed a secret nitrate brew. yes, we trusted our 600 gallon system to 1 coral retailer here in Socal, lol. levels never got past detectable (nyos kit), but i strarted seeing some colors. (i also tried loudwolf, but that didn't seem to help.) since that professional (he's quite famous) was tight lipped about his secret sauce, and never revealed what his mystery nitrate mix was... and we'd run out of that gallon of brew eventually... we needed an alternative. so we tried red sea reef energy a & b.

within a day or 2, BAMO WHAMO!

we are still tesing zeros, but everything colored up fantastically... it was earth shattering. we're only dosing 25% of the instructed red sea dosage nightly, but i can't exaggerate the results, it was that good. we're super stoked on this core 7 / red sea reef energy a&b combo.

the only issue we're having is managing salinity. when we dose reef energies, i turn off my skimmer for the night. it makes my ATO go nuts, and i unpower it. each morning i turn the skimmer and ATO back on, but my salinity has been swinging in the range 1.0245 - 1.0265. any advice on that would be much appreciated.

other than the utterly stupid salinity issue, this combo solves our ULNS coloration problem -- and i assume triton's lack of aminos and vitamins -- regardless of that 'macro algae die off provides the necessary aminos' talk. i am pretty convinced now -- that's just marketing blab. i will also post our experiences into that giant aminos thread i mentioned to begin with.

hope this is helpful to anyone experiencing similar ULNS issues.

Last edited: May 28, 2018
Draft saved Draft deleted