Triton ICP lab now in USA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Nubbie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got an email today from triton saying that as of 1/20/20, triton is now able to do ICP testing at unique corals in CA. There will now be free return shipping labels and the results will now process in 48 hours.

This is great news! However, what about the people who have unused triton tests from before this announcement? I’m assuming there is no way to get a free shipping label since those are only getting packaged in the new triton ICP boxes? What about test results? Will old ICP test kits still have to ship to Germany or will they ship to the new place in CA so results will be 48 hours?

K7BMG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be nice to see a price drop, but the new facility will have cost thousands to put together, so I doubt there will be a price drop.
Could even be a increase in the near future.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good question, I also have 3 more test kits, who do they get shipped to? Do we ship it the same way as the old way and it will be redirected to the Unique Corals location, or will it continue to Germany.

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good question, I also have 3 more test kits, who do they get shipped to? Do we ship it the same way as the old way and it will be redirected to the Unique Corals location, or will it continue to Germany.
If you’ve been sending to the Covello St address thats been Uniquie Corals for at least the last year or so it should land where it supposed to in the US.

bar|none

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had ordered 6 pack ICP tests from BRS. They arrived today and I was happy to find the USPS labels inside.

I'm so happy that they have an LA testing facility. The turnaround is going to be so much better.

Gonna fire off two tomorrow!

OP
OP
Nubbie

Nubbie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well since we aren't getting any replies from Triton in this thread or the other one, I'm going to send one out with the old kit. I'm kinda due for one anyway. It's going to Van Nuys, CA so I'm assuming that is where the new lab is at.

Will mail out this morning and I'll update to let you guys know how long it takes to process and if it gets sent to Germany.

K7BMG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the past, the kits would all go to LA. Then once the shiping box was full they would ship the lot to Germany.
That was the reason some results were returned fast, otheres took a while.
If your test arrived and took the last spot in the box you had results in a week.
If your test showed up the day after they shipped the box well your waiting for a while.

Julian@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The TRITON team is very proud and excited to bring our next level service direct to the US.

Yes, you can send all tests to the same address as always for processing:

Triton US
16116 Covello St
Van Nuys
CA 91406

All samples will be tested and results uploaded at the new US TRITON Lab so you can receive our world leading, professional analysis of your water in as little as 48HRS post arrival in Los Angeles. Unfortunately we cannot provide free shipping for tests purchased before the release of our new system.

If there are any issues please continue to let us know ([email protected]) so that we can address them promptly.

Julian@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be nice to see a price drop, but the new facility will have cost thousands to put together, so I doubt there will be a price drop.
Could even be a increase in the near future.

Indeed it was a large investment but TRITON is a quality first company and our goal is always to improve service for our customers while remaining affordable. We know that if we provide a high quality product with even better customer service then any investment will be recouped. With free shipping our ICP lab tests are now even more affordable and user friendly.

bar|none

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the prepaid. I sent in one today. I didn't have to go to post office to buy postage. I just slapped the label and put it in the mailbox. Huge improvement. Thx.

darkrabbit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would explain this:

1/10 - shipped ICP test to US
1/20 - arrived at Triton US (I assumed from here it goes to Germany)
1/20 - notified testing was underway (what?)
1/22 - notified my test results were in (what? x2)

This is awesome. Now I have corrective actions to take.... :)

-J

Timrpn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, that sucks but i live right on the US boarder, so I can still utilize it, just have to plan when i go over the boarder :)

OP
OP
Nubbie

Nubbie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay update for everybody!

ICP test sent out to Triton 1/22/20 @ 10AM (this was the old ICP package so yes, I did have to pay for shipping)

ICP test arrived at Triton 1/24/20 @ 4PM

ICP test results 1/25/20 @ 8PM

Extremely impressed at the turn around. A couple things to note. When the ICP test arrived in CA on 1/24, I got an email saying that they "received my water sample at Triton-Lab in Germany". Probably just their automated email saying that the sample is being processed.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay update for everybody!

ICP test sent out to Triton 1/22/20 @ 10AM (this was the old ICP package so yes, I did have to pay for shipping)

ICP test arrived at Triton 1/24/20 @ 4PM

ICP test results 1/25/20 @ 8PM

Extremely impressed at the turn around. A couple things to note. When the ICP test arrived in CA on 1/24, I got an email saying that they "received my water sample at Triton-Lab in Germany". Probably just their automated email saying that the sample is being processed.
I was about to say the same thing. I thought is was a typo or error, LOL!!!
I sent the old package out on 1/29/20, received an email on 1/30/20 saying they got it, and on 1/31/20 I received an email saying the results were posted. I thought for sure it was wrong, no way could it have been that fast. Got home just now and checked and sure enough, the results were posted. I am truly shocked and impressed with the speed.

GREAT JOB TRITON!!!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back