Triton ICP shows elevated Lithium and Zinc

stanleo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What could be the likely cause of this? The tank looks fine to me and everything is thriving. My last ICP test (March 2021) showed elevated Lithium and I couldn't find the cause and I researched and it seemed it wasn't that big a deal but now that the Zinc is elevated I am concerned. Zinc is 25 and the setpoint is 0-5 so I think I should take care of that. They are sending me a free test because this one took so long due to a problem with their machine so I am going to do another test after I dose up potassium and iodine like it says. Everything else is what I expected. Calcium and magnesium are higher than I like and so is phosphate. The phosphate could be due to the fact that I have a few more fish than the last time I tested. I am going to decrease feeding a little. That and I was more lax with my water change than I should have been. Thank you for any advise on this issue.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if this helps, but I found this:

OP
OP
stanleo

stanleo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if this helps, but I found this:
Thank you. I actually ran across that thread when I researching the effects of high Lithium the last time. That gives me the idea of asking Randy what he thinks about high Zinc levels.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 17 77.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back