Triton Labs ICP-OES Water Test

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

gpwdr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No more free shipping for the icp water test. Just letting others know who are thinking about the Triton Method.

d_adler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this may be a stupid question but how much would this additional stamp cost on average? so instead of $50 it will now be?

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what about those like me that bought a bunch of the tests before hand? Mine has a label already do it should be good I assume?

joefishUC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I realize this is a late response but if the stamp is already on the mailer bag then it should be fine to send. Shipping to Germany is unaffected by this change, only the domestic return stamp is no longer included on the package that people purchase.

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugh....... Scott left things are changing :D

slojmn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a bit of a pain. Now I can't just throw it out in the mail to be picked up. I've got to go down and mail it from the Post Office. Not trying to complain but it does really make it challenging. Our Post Office was a historical building and it was so damaged in the earthquake a year and a half ago that they closed it down so our town of 70,000 + use one little post office. Its crazy to go down there an try and mail packages. I'll find an alternate solution but I think they could have done something like add $2 onto the price of the test kits and left the process on the consumer end the same. Lame!

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a bit of a pain. Now I can't just throw it out in the mail to be picked up. I've got to go down and mail it from the Post Office. Not trying to complain but it does really make it challenging. Our Post Office was a historical building and it was so damaged in the earthquake a year and a half ago that they closed it down so our town of 70,000 + use one little post office. Its crazy to go down there an try and mail packages. I'll find an alternate solution but I think they could have done something like add $2 onto the price of the test kits and left the process on the consumer end the same. Lame!

Why not take care of it online? Print your label at a discount, and just leave it in your mailbox.

joefishUC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry about the added work it caused some people and believe me I thought about this issue. I'll shed some light onto the topic. I'm open for suggestions too. When Triton first launched we were the sole provider of the tests at UC. We wanted to make the process easiest for consumers so we included the stamp out of convenience. As Triton testing grew in popularity we began to sell them in bulk to stores, public aquariums and other etailers. To keep the margins attractive for them meant to offer the lowest price possible and the $2 stamp price became a real issue. We decided that if we remove the stamp from the equation, it would allow us to offer stores not only the greatest margins but to also be able to allow them to price the tests at the same retail price as UC. This allowed them to be competitive with UC when selling tests to their clients. Offering the stamps to UC retail clients only would give UC a price advantage we didn't agree with. Some stores and maintenance companies purchase tests in large quantities and bulk ship them back to us without ever using the stamps. These are some of the main factors that went into the decision. Hardly anyone complained and most people it seems do in fact print their postage online, save a few pennies and drop it off in their mail box.

I didn't realize that some people really do have difficulty mailing things so here is a possible solution: UC wants to keep the base price of the triton test at $49 but we can offer a line item to purchase a stamp separately? Seems like an easy fix that people could take advantage of? Thoughts?

aaron23

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you can always visit the post office once, and buy a ton of the required stamps in one visit

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry about the added work it caused some people and believe me I thought about this issue. I'll shed some light onto the topic. I'm open for suggestions too. When Triton first launched we were the sole provider of the tests at UC. We wanted to make the process easiest for consumers so we included the stamp out of convenience. As Triton testing grew in popularity we began to sell them in bulk to stores, public aquariums and other etailers. To keep the margins attractive for them meant to offer the lowest price possible and the $2 stamp price became a real issue. We decided that if we remove the stamp from the equation, it would allow us to offer stores not only the greatest margins but to also be able to allow them to price the tests at the same retail price as UC. This allowed them to be competitive with UC when selling tests to their clients. Offering the stamps to UC retail clients only would give UC a price advantage we didn't agree with. Some stores and maintenance companies purchase tests in large quantities and bulk ship them back to us without ever using the stamps. These are some of the main factors that went into the decision. Hardly anyone complained and most people it seems do in fact print their postage online, save a few pennies and drop it off in their mail box.

I didn't realize that some people really do have difficulty mailing things so here is a possible solution: UC wants to keep the base price of the triton test at $49 but we can offer a line item to purchase a stamp separately? Seems like an easy fix that people could take advantage of? Thoughts?

That sounds like a great idea.
I'm glad the package deal still is there.
I'll buy 18 at the time and spread them through my club and even you want one test you'll save $7 per test.

slojmn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why not take care of it online? Print your label at a discount, and just leave it in your mailbox.

Great idea!!! Why didn't I think of it.

Thanks for the background on how it came to be that the stamp is all gone. Makes total sense

you can always visit the post office once, and buy a ton of the required stamps in one visit

Another good idea, Thanks.

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I like the line item for the stamp. Please if you do it add it to the package deal as I'm sure many other people like to buy in bulk. I just sent my last one out so I'll have to re order soon.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 127 59.3%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.0%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 76 35.5%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 16.8%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.4%
Back