Triton maintenance dose with Non-Triton brands

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Ali-F

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I am thinking to use redsea elements instead of Triton ones just becuase they are cheaper. But I am not sure how to figure the right dose.

As per Triton ICP test, the dose are as follow:

V = 1.89ml weekly dose.
Mn= 38.43ml weekly dose.
Zn= 9.24ml weekly dose.
I= 27.72ml weekly dose.

What could be the equivalent dose? Or can I just dose the same?

Thanks in advance for the help

K7BMG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The idea in general is saving money is a good one.

The cost difference between Triton and Red Sea is large, almost, $125.00 for the same 1000 ml worth of product.

Smart to do some research here.
This is the part of the hobby I feel is such the black hole.
Love the hobby but never wanted to become a chemist or mathematician.
Following along for results.

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have substituted a couple of elements rather than buying the Triton brand. Been doing so for about 6 months and have had two subsequent ICP’s done showing its working to keep things in line.

I’m using Brightwell’s replenish twice per week targeting Iron, Manganese and Zinc. I looked for one solution containing at least a couple of the elements I needed instead of buying individual Triton branded bottles.

Also Brightwell’s BoroChrom simply because it was cheaper.

I do use the Triton Iodine and Molybdenum since my weekly maintenance dose is pretty small.

I chose to mostly just follow the Brightwell instructions rather than attempting to figure out the equivalents since there’s no potency details on any of the Triton bottles Ive used.

Prior to using for weekly maintenance doses I did need to do some larger catch up doses. In that case I roughly estimated what I would need using the Brightwell potency details, divided it by 4 and dosed over 4 days to monitor for any obvious negatives.

Hope that helps a little. I know its not “Red Sea” specific or an exact science. I am probably adding small ammounts of elements I may not have been “low” on but they seem to be negligible enough and nothing has risen per subsequent ICP’s.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 16 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 10.0%
Back