Triton Method with RedSea Reefer 350 custom sump

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Joe Batt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the middle of converting to the Triton method with my RedSea Reefer 350, after I have had a slow and painful crash.

Unfortunately, no-one makes a custom sump for the RedSea Reefer 350 so I have had to design my own around the 350 cabinet.

This one gives a refugium of 15% and the ATO is stored on the left-hand side now. I have also incorporated an adjustable watergate for the skimmer, so as to perfect the level.
RedSea Reefer 350 Triton sump.jpg

flo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have you look at synergy sumps? They make them for the 250 and 350 for the Triton method.

OP
OP
Joe Batt

Joe Batt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I looked at the Synergy TS-26 but its refugium is 8 gallons or 30 litres. This equates to 10% of the display volume, which though it is within Triton specs of 10-20% I thought was still a little small. With a refugium I think bigger is better and mine works out at 15%, so spot in the middle. Also, I am a little limited for space where my tank is so I still wanted to incorporate the ATO from the original Reefer sump, and on the left-hand side now I have placed rails so I can do that, they also allow me to move it along so I can gain access to the return pump chamber.

One other slight problem is that I live in Dubai and shipping it here would be difficult.

Last edited:

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%

Back