Triton Sump

Discussion in 'Synergy Reef Systems' started by Kidderic, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Kidderic

Kidderic Member

Hi I have been talking to Vanessa at Synergy and thinking of getting one of your Triton 44 sumps. I have an RSM 650 S. The sump will be modified by taking 6” out of the skimmer section. My question is I have another pump that feeds reactors and chiller in a closet behind the tank. Where can/should that pump go and where should the output go as well? Thanks

Tags:

2. mixer911

mixer911 Make them green with envy R2R Supporter MTRCMember Gold Sponsor

Feed pumps can go in any section, but I would probably suggest the skimmer section. What size pump is it?

3. Kidderic

Kidderic Member

Are you asking about the foot print size?

4. Kidderic

Kidderic Member

the pump is about 5"x8"....this pump is currently hard plumbed from my stock Red Sea sump to the closet and then flows back to the sump.. for ease of plumbing i was looking at putting both pumps (return and the closet pump) in the return section and then connect the outflow of the closet pump to the bulkhead in the skimmer section. the only issue i see....is the two pumps would be tight with maybe 3-4 inches between them...but that is why im on here since i have never plumbed a sump let alone a triton sump...by the way the pump in question is a Deepwater 15. thanks

Draft saved Draft deleted