Tropic Marin Addresses Issue of Turkish Blended Pro Reef Salt

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Builders

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s been less than a week since Tropic Marin made its first acknowledgement of issues regarding the ‘Turkish Blend’ of their Pro Reef aquarium seawater salt mix but we’ve already received a follow up statement with a limited but pertinent expansion of specific details. One of the most important things reef hobbyists want to know…
Source

Continue reading...

jkbonsai

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received my 50 gal box from BRS and it came from Turkey and I had Acans,Goni’s and Chalices that had died off. Not a fast enough response from Lou at Tropic Marin so I Just changed to Red Sea Coral Pro. Sorry Lou you gave me no other choice. I realize this happens to all salt manufacturer’s but customer service should have made an effort to respond quicker. It just SUCKS to lose your CORALS and it feels like no one cares. Quick to sell and real slow to react.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm staying with it. I have a 200 gallon bucket of Turkish salt. Not a problem.
Six months or so people were complaining about not being able to get the salt.
Now nobody wants it. Go figure.

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Six months or so people were complaining about not being able to get the salt.
Now nobody wants it. Go figure.

Well i dont think it should be surprising after the many reports of serious issues people had with it. I mean if my butcher recalls the chicken i may have wanted last week you can bet i wont eat it this week.

Barnabie Mejia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 buckets from Turkey, and the one that is 1/2" used has left a dirty barrel and a thick film on the surface. i also noticed that my acans weren't looking to good, lost 4 of them and they are hanging on. i also need more salt and cant find any and if it comes from turkey i will have to have it replaced.

when i noticed the dirty barrel it should have raised some questions, but i trusted it, when i lost my coral i had a gut feeling it was the salt.

i love TMPR, and my tank does too, i just hope they can get this figured out so we can move forward and keep the tank looking good.

hsosa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was one of the reefers that. brought that turkey salt about a year ago never used it . BRS sent me a German replacement salt . I used that TM salt no issues . after that I ended up using some IO then went back to Red Sea blue bucket and never looked back. ICP test came in all good . Im sorry for the reefers that lost so many corals to the turkey bad salt . I knew right away when I first opened that turkey batch that the smell was way off like citric and when u mixed it it gave off a strong odor at that point I was not going to add this turkey mix to my sps reef. I called BRS for a replacement . it took a few month s, that s my experience .

Back