Tropic Marin All-For-Reef: Any downsides to it?

Mega Meltdown After Sale

FGK

View Badges
Reaction score
Did anybody move from Triton Method to the dyi version of the AFR?
If so, what changes have you made in your Triton system? Water changes?

JustAnotherNanoTank

View Badges
Reaction score
*Update*

“So as to address the fixed numbers you get “stuck at” with using this product. So my tank has stabilized as follows,
Calcium: ~420-440
Alkalinity: ~8.8-9.3
Magnesium:~1420-1440.”

I wanted to correct this from my previous post.

So my Salifert magnesium test kit was nearly out so I decided to grab a RedSea test kit. Tested 100 points lower at 1320. I was like woah . So tested with the old salifert to since I still had a bit. Sure enough tested at 1420. So I got a bit confused and had a buddy test with his RedSea and he got ~1320. So I bought a new salifert just for sniffs and giggles and the new salifert tested at 1320! Makes a lot more sense because my salt of choice(TM Pro) is supposed to be 1320-1340. I suppose I just accepted the numbers as long as they didn’t swing constantly.

Mega Meltdown After Sale

KimG

View Badges
Reaction score

Lou Ekus

Tropic Marin USA
View Badges
Reaction score
It’s hard to keep a proven good product on the shelves!! I wonder if COVID has slowed the production.
The COVID-19 situation has not slowed our production in any way. We are keeping our fingers crossed that things stay that way. The difficulty in always finding a good supply at your vendor is only due to the demand at the moment. We are doing everything we can to get more product over here. And we have a steady stream coming in. But at times, demand outpaces supply!.......We're working on it!

Have you accomplished something in reefing that someone else said wouldn't work?

• Yes and it was... (tell us in the thread)

Votes: 48 77.4%
  • I tried but they were right....(tell us in the thread)

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • I didn't try it...(what was it?)

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Other (please explain in thread)

Votes: 4 6.5%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
Reef Kinetics