Tropic Marin All-For-Reef: Any downsides to it?

Kengar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm looking at various dosing pumps, trying to find one with enough heads to dose the various potions I've been trying out (Fusion 1 and Fusion 2, Ions (for magnesium), Vibrance (for iodide), and maybe even the Pax Bellum Magic Nitrate potion. Then I see Tropic Marin has an all-in-one product, namely, All-For-Reef, which includes "calcium, magnesium, strontium, and carbonate hardness elements, but also other less common elements like iodine, bromine, fluorine, selenium, molybdenum, & vanadium." So I'm thinking this is too good to be true! Given that you can use one potion for all these components (with just a single-head dosing pump), why would you NOT use this product in place of the other individual products??

OP
OP
Kengar

Kengar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For smaller tanks it is. There is a few BRStv episodes that discuss it and break down the price compared to other 2 part methods.
do you have any recollection re the conclusions? if not, i'll try to track it down. (Props to BRS Tv; they really put out a lot of good information!)

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used it for awhile on my 160 before I started stocking up on coral. Definitely not a "too good to be true" situation. It's a really solid product, the only downside side is cost. At least for larger tanks anyway.

If that convenience is important to you and worth the $$, than definitely give it a try.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Used it and liked it. All TM blends are good. I now use Tropic Marin Actif. Fantastic salt with good desolvibility

Isaac Alves

www.instagram.com/theloneaquarist/
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
reviving thread.

Has anyone used this and noticed a strange brown precipitate on the bottom of the bottle? Another user on the forum experienced this similar precipitate or buildup of bacteria.

I only noticed it when I poured mine out of the original bottle into a an acrylic dosing container.

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
reviving thread.

Has anyone used this and noticed a strange brown precipitate on the bottom of the bottle? Another user on the forum experienced this similar precipitate or buildup of bacteria.

I only noticed it when I poured mine out of the original bottle into a an acrylic dosing container.
No. I've only heard people speak of a rust/brown color when making their own batch, not from the manufacturer.

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing here...down to bottom of my first bottle (next is sitting in my fish closet ready to go). Only good things to say about it (well, it's pricey but I knew that going in). I am ordering an ICP kit..it's been 6 months and curious to see what if any impact 67 trace elements does.

jlts21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tropic Marin makes some great products! They are, however, rather expensive (in all rights because they use phenomenal materials in all of their products), so I don't use the All-for-Reef. I would go broke on my 120g DT/150g system volume mixed reef tank (and even more when I upgrade to around 300ish system volume/180g DT). I use the pro reef salt and it is awesome. It mixes extremely well very quickly and I have never had the parameters be way off. But with that being said, I'm switching over to Fritz blue box because 1.) the price and 2.) it is a little closer where I want to be parameter wise once I incorporate a calc reactor and stop dosing 2-part, and go back to 2% daily water changes.

If the cost is worth it to you, then by all means go for it as you will not be disappointed with any TM product, but check out BRS video on DIY All-for-Reef and it'll save you some money:

Isaac Alves

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing here...down to bottom of my first bottle (next is sitting in my fish closet ready to go). Only good things to say about it (well, it's pricey but I knew that going in). I am ordering an ICP kit..it's been 6 months and curious to see what if any impact 67 trace elements does.

Awesome. Please share your findings and results. I'm very curious as well.

Isaac Alves

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. I've only heard people speak of a rust/brown color when making their own batch, not from the manufacturer.

As in the entire DIY solution is tinted "brownish/rust" in color? Or, there is a settlement at the bottom that is this rusty color?

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 47.5%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 52.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • None.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.0%
Back