Tropic Marin All-For-Reef: Any downsides to it?

jcolliii

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...or the folks who hoard all of the TP are also hoarding all of the AFR!

AFR-hoard.JPG

FGK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did anybody move from Triton Method to the dyi version of the AFR?
If so, what changes have you made in your Triton system? Water changes?

JustAnotherNanoTank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*Update*

“So as to address the fixed numbers you get “stuck at” with using this product. So my tank has stabilized as follows,
Calcium: ~420-440
Alkalinity: ~8.8-9.3
Magnesium:~1420-1440.”

I wanted to correct this from my previous post.

So my Salifert magnesium test kit was nearly out so I decided to grab a RedSea test kit. Tested 100 points lower at 1320. I was like woah . So tested with the old salifert to since I still had a bit. Sure enough tested at 1420. So I got a bit confused and had a buddy test with his RedSea and he got ~1320. So I bought a new salifert just for sniffs and giggles and the new salifert tested at 1320! Makes a lot more sense because my salt of choice(TM Pro) is supposed to be 1320-1340. I suppose I just accepted the numbers as long as they didn’t swing constantly.

Richard Newman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @Gary Ellis,
On the Bulkreefsupply website they actually sell a kit that contains all the raw components that go into All For Reef. They also list the measurements needed to make 1L for each component.

KimG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you mix your own?
You can find the instructions and a video

Lou Ekus

Tropic Marin USA
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s hard to keep a proven good product on the shelves!! I wonder if COVID has slowed the production.
The COVID-19 situation has not slowed our production in any way. We are keeping our fingers crossed that things stay that way. The difficulty in always finding a good supply at your vendor is only due to the demand at the moment. We are doing everything we can to get more product over here. And we have a steady stream coming in. But at times, demand outpaces supply!.......We're working on it!

Strad12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw a powder version of AFR available online at a European store. Will AFR powder (in addition to the BRS DIY kit) be available in the US soon?

I just picked up a bottle and I'm excited to use it on my Nano

JustAnotherNanoTank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw a powder version of AFR available online at a European store. Will AFR powder (in addition to the BRS DIY kit) be available in the US soon?

I just picked up a bottle and I'm excited to use it on my Nano
You’re gonna love it.

Did a water change the other day and snapped this photo.
3A14B3F0-2972-4F89-BF7E-E86CA1B07501.jpeg

brownjoshua475

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m on the second bottle of it, 34g tank so it’s not bad for me. Corals perked up from the start, I use TM Pro salt. Only using 5ml daily for now.
I'm using all for reef also and I have a 32 gallon. So you do dose everyday how do you know what your daily dose is. I've been dosing 5 my also but it still fluctuates

Superlightman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what i read in different forum it is q good product but people have to adjust the alkalinity. So at the end it is still two products that you have to dose.so i think that ati with the essentials in two products is right and more cheap

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently waiting on and I CP test to come back with the results. I have been dozing 25 ML of all of reef every day since January and have not dosed any trace elements I am interested to see how my trace measures up because all for reef is supposed to contain all the trace we need in appropriate numbers. My tank is stuffed and last year at this time I was having to dose Active Elements by Nyos trace for iodide and potassium because they where bottoming out. Hoping that All For Reef does continue to be my 1 dosing item and the numbers look good. So far I still do not regret switching to AFR from 2 part this stuff has been great. I could definitely see some one with a bigger tank or someone with a higher demanding dose amount not wanting to go this way, it would be way too expensive. 27 ml a day is getting there for me! Germany has a powered version of AFR that you mix with Rodi that is cheeper than the bottle. hopefully that will be In The states soon

Strad12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think AFR contains potassium. Please let us know what the ICP results are!

Vwluv10338

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently waiting on and I CP test to come back with the results. I have been dozing 25 ML of all of reef every day since January and have not dosed any trace elements I am interested to see how my trace measures up because all for reef is supposed to contain all the trace we need in appropriate numbers. My tank is stuffed and last year at this time I was having to dose Active Elements by Nyos trace for iodide and potassium because they where bottoming out. Hoping that All For Reef does continue to be my 1 dosing item and the numbers look good. So far I still do not regret switching to AFR from 2 part this stuff has been great. I could definitely see some one with a bigger tank or someone with a higher demanding dose amount not wanting to go this way, it would be way too expensive. 27 ml a day is getting there for me! Germany has a powered version of AFR that you mix with Rodi that is cheeper than the bottle. hopefully that will be In The states soon

Any update on the ICP?

Back