Tropic Marin Amino Organic

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

reefluvrr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @Lou Ekus , @Hans-Werner

I have not been able to find more information about availability of this product to the USA.

On your website:
Stimulates coral growth, intensifies colouring and reduces phosphate in the reef aquarium biologically

Pale or brownish corals are often caused by too weak a concentration of easily digestible nitrogen compounds. Tropic Marin® Amino-Organic contains amino acids and other organic nitrogen compounds that stimulate the growth of soft and leather corals, as well as disc anemones and zoanthids. This results in greater absorption, by the anthozoans, of the phosphate available from the water, biologically reducing phosphate concentrations. These near-natural conditions result in the anthozoans opening better, visibly flourishing, with greater vitality and a more intense colouring. Tropic Marin® Amino-Organic does not contain nitrates or phosphates.

1. Does this product help with LPS and SPS colouring as well?

2. How about stimulating growth of LPS and SPS?

3. Will it be available to USA this year?

I am excited to try this new product as I have had great success with your All for Reef and Carbon Dosing lines!

Thank you.

Lou Ekus

Tropic Marin USA
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @Lou Ekus , @Hans-Werner

I have not been able to find more information about availability of this product to the USA.

On your website:
Stimulates coral growth, intensifies colouring and reduces phosphate in the reef aquarium biologically

Pale or brownish corals are often caused by too weak a concentration of easily digestible nitrogen compounds. Tropic Marin® Amino-Organic contains amino acids and other organic nitrogen compounds that stimulate the growth of soft and leather corals, as well as disc anemones and zoanthids. This results in greater absorption, by the anthozoans, of the phosphate available from the water, biologically reducing phosphate concentrations. These near-natural conditions result in the anthozoans opening better, visibly flourishing, with greater vitality and a more intense colouring. Tropic Marin® Amino-Organic does not contain nitrates or phosphates.

1. Does this product help with LPS and SPS colouring as well?

2. How about stimulating growth of LPS and SPS?

3. Will it be available to USA this year?

I am excited to try this new product as I have had great success with your All for Reef and Carbon Dosing lines!

Thank you.
I'll try to answer you questions here:
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes.

I hope that helps!! :)

OP
OP
R

reefluvrr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Lou.

Any e.t.a. date?

Also I seem to recall that @Hans-Werner does not like dosing nitrate.
Could this mean the Nitrogen source be more in the form of Ammonium?

As found on google:
Organic Nitrogen Compounds and the Environment. ... They are compounds which can be thought of as derivatives of ammonia, NH3. Amines are typically identified by the number of alkyl (carbon) groups attached to the nitrogen atom.

Last edited:

Hans-Werner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also I seem to recall that @Hans-Werner does not like dosing nitrate.
Could this mean the Nitrogen source be more in the form of Ammonium?

As found on google:
Organic Nitrogen Compounds and the Environment. ... They are compounds which can be thought of as derivatives of ammonia, NH3.
Yes, as the name states Amino-Organic contains amino acids and another organic nitrogen compound.

I personally had a bad experience with nitrate, replacing urea by nitrate equimolar in regards to nitrogen. After this a tabulate montipora bleached and partially died. Today I think nitrate was and is negatively influencing phosphate acquisition. This is why I prefer other compounds over nitrate although we include some nitrate amongst other nitrogen compounds in some other products but not in Amino-Organic. I think a mix with nitrate is much less problematic.

To come back to Amino-Organic: It is in first place an amino acid product. :)

Helfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @Lou Ekus / @Hans-Werner

I love this product and since I started dosing this, there has been noticeable positive effect on corals. However, will it come in a larger bottle at some point? In the long term, the current 250ml bottle just isn't economically viable even with my medium sized tank.

Thanks!

Helfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you share what you noticed? I am waiting for it to come to the states....
Better polyp extension on all corals, LPS are more buffed up, colors have become more deeper. And I have to say I was very skeptical about dosing aminos, as I though it's just new gimmick trend, however, as I love Tropic Marin products and pretty much everything I dose or use are TM, I wanted to give a go. I have been pleasantly surprised and would like to continue, only thing hindering this is the cost factor, which would be more reasonable with bigger packaging

OP
OP
R

reefluvrr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! I want to see better polyp extension on my LPS and puffier as well.
My PO4 are at 0.04 right now and NO3 is less than 0.25..

OP
OP
R

reefluvrr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its official "Release Date" was September 1st. You should see it becoming available very soon
Are you sure it is not stuck in one of those cargo ships all parked and waiting in line in L.A.? ;)

Calm Blue Ocean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this product temperature sensitive? I ordered a bottle last week to try and it's still wandering the mail system. Six inches of snow today and freezing temperatures have me worried

Hans-Werner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amino-Organic is not temperature sensitive. Some of the organic nitrogen compounds will lower freezing temperature but even freezing will not alter the product.

Hans-Werner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how is it compared to Red Sea AB+?
Such questions are always difficult for me to answer since we do no extended research on competing products. From the description of Red Sea Reef Energy Plus (AB+) it might be similar but maybe our Tropic Marin Zootonic or NP-Bacto-Balance are more similar to the Red Sea Product.

Our Tropic Marin Amino-Organic only contains amino acids and other organic nitrogen compounds, no phosphate or other essential nutrients which are in Tropic Marin NP-Bacto-Balance, Zootonic or Plus-NP.

Robin316us

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Such questions are always difficult for me to answer since we do no extended research on competing products. From the description of Red Sea Reef Energy Plus (AB+) it might be similar but maybe our Tropic Marin Zootonic or NP-Bacto-Balance are more similar to the Red Sea Product.

Our Tropic Marin Amino-Organic only contains amino acids and other organic nitrogen compounds, no phosphate or other essential nutrients which are in Tropic Marin NP-Bacto-Balance, Zootonic or Plus-NP.
Do they need to be refrigerated once opened? How long we can keep them once opened?
What's the dosage like? My current PO4 is 0.07, NO3 is 18. 120 mixed reef.

Hans-Werner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All Tropic Marin products are stable at room temperature. Liquid feeds and nutrient solutions are preserved by low pH or high osmotic concentrations (low availability of water like at high sugar or salt concentrations) to make them stable at room temperature also after opening.

All preservatives are readily degraded after dosing into the aquarium like other forms of organic carbon dosing. The maximum recommended dosage of Zootonic, Phytonic, Elimi-NP, NP-Bacto-Balance and Plus-NP is 1 ml per 100 l per day combined.

For choosing the right carbon dosing product please see our homepage:

CarbonDosingScale.png
CarbonDosingText.png

For 0.07 ppm phosphate concentration you can choose NP-Bacto-Balance, Zootonic or also Plus-NP to supply nutrients to the corals.

Nitrate will be lowered since the nutrients supplied with the suggested products mainly contain reduced nitrogen like organic amino nitrogen and low concentrations of ammonia. Together with the organic carbon, nitrate is reduced and consumed by different organisms including corals and bacteria.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 75 86.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.4%
Back