Tropic Marin Balling Question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Hair Algae Wizard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Folks and @Lou Ekus

My tank is an alkalinity monster, with a massive demand (350 m/l) per day to stay between 8.1-8.5. I've been using TM Bio Actif salt for some time now, and just started with TM's balling method. I'm working on balancing my ions, so only dosing Part B at the moment. Give my high demand, can I mix Part B at a higher concentration than the instructions suggest? Perhaps double?

Also, I think that Parts A,B,C are to be added in equal amounts, but given my alkalinity is vastly greater than my demand for Parts A and C, how should I manage this?

Thank you in advance for any advice!

Lou Ekus

Tropic Marin USA
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Folks and @Lou Ekus

My tank is an alkalinity monster, with a massive demand (350 m/l) per day to stay between 8.1-8.5. I've been using TM Bio Actif salt for some time now, and just started with TM's balling method. I'm working on balancing my ions, so only dosing Part B at the moment. Give my high demand, can I mix Part B at a higher concentration than the instructions suggest? Perhaps double?

Also, I think that Parts A,B,C are to be added in equal amounts, but given my alkalinity is vastly greater than my demand for Parts A and C, how should I manage this?

Thank you in advance for any advice!
First, it is not possible to mix the Part B in a more concentrated solution. In fact, the solubility of the Part B somewhat dictates the Parts A and C concentrations, as it is the most limiting.

However, if your tank is using so much more alkalinity than Ca, this is an indication that there may be other things going on. The diagnosis of this can all get quite involved. So I would ask if you can call me in our office? That way I can walk you though the diagnostics to help your situation. the office number is 413-367-0101. I hope we can chat soon.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 15 78.9%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 10.5%
Back