Tropic Marin Part C dilution

MikeTheNewbie

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hi, I'm using the "BRS Pharma Balling Method Bulk Total Package" and trying to setup electronic dosing using the Dosetronic.
BRS's directions call for dosing twice the amount of Tropic Marin Part C as Sodium Carbonate.
It seems that Dosetronic's adjustments only work when all parts are dosed in the same ratio. So much for "you can 100% customize to fit your purpose and needs" hehe :S
In their manual, they suggest to either use 2 pumps for this element or to dilute Part 1 and Part 2 to 50%. Both alternatives take you from 1:2 to a 1:1 ratio but they require an additional pump or have to refill containers twice as often.
Given that Tropic Marin's Part C is just "Trace Elements" I wonder if I could strengthen the Part C solution by doubling the amount of powder?
Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Note: I could run the experiment of adding twice as much Part C powder to a 1 gallon batch but I don't know if I would be able to see if anything goes wrong.
Not sure if precipitate is evident and if it can be dissolved again or if it just spoils the solution.
These might be basic questions, please bear with me, I'm just starting with dosing. Thanks again.

Maxout

arking_mark

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I do not think that is correct about Part C.

If you are talking about the TM Classic Balling Part C, then what you are dosing is artificial salt without the Ca/Alk/Na/Cl components and basically balancing out dosing so that it has a neutral impact on your ASW. The end result is dosing ASW with elevated Alk/Ca to replace tank consumption. Per TM "...while the addition of sodium chloride free sea salt (part C) maintains the crucial ionic balance in the aquarium water."

If you want to replace minor elements/ions you need to use other products.

Do you keep "Reef Safe with Caution" fish?

• YES (tell us what in the thread)

Votes: 295 61.8%
  • NO

Votes: 167 35.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 15 3.1%
AVAST