Tropic Marin Pro NO2/NO3 Kit Precipitate

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
@drernesto @Reef Kinetics @Lou Ekus @Hans-Werner

Do y'all have any information on the TM NO3 test kits having precipitate in reagent A vial? I warmed the vials up and shook it for over 15 minutes (whew!) but there is still a bunch of precipitate in the vial, and chunks so large they can't get out of the TM vial (with the dropper removed!).

Any ideas on what is going on? Is this normal?

Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
And a warning to others, there is a steel ball in part B, if you are dumping it into the ReefBot vial it will fall and attach to the stirbar! Caution! Perhaps this should be somewhere in the RK information @drernesto ?

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
@drernesto @Reef Kinetics @Lou Ekus @Hans-Werner

Do y'all have any information on the TM NO3 test kits having precipitate in reagent A vial? I warmed the vials up and shook it for over 15 minutes (whew!) but there is still a bunch of precipitate in the vial, and chunks so large they can't get out of the TM vial (with the dropper removed!).

Any ideas on what is going on? Is this normal?

Thanks for the help!

Hello @rushbattle

This is normal. Almost all TM NO2/NO3 Reagent A batches come this way. No need to warm up or shake extensively. We would have mentioned this somewhere if needed.

As for Reagent B, we will add a note on our support portal that it has a magnet inside for users to take precautions. Appreciate your feedback!

Let us know if you need anything else.

Happy Reefing!

OP
OP
R

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Hello @rushbattle

This is normal. Almost all TM NO2/NO3 Reagent A batches come this way. No need to warm up or shake extensively. We would have mentioned this somewhere if needed.

As for Reagent B, we will add a note on our support portal that it has a magnet inside for users to take precautions. Appreciate your feedback!

Let us know if you need anything else.

Happy Reefing!
Thanks for the information!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 89 87.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back