Tropic Marin pro reef no longer being Made??

REPOWER

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Following up on this. Are there any new updates on US availability? Thanks.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following up on this. Are there any new updates on US availability? Thanks.
It’s always been available here, I haven’t had any issue ordering it in the last year from any source, be it BRS, my LFS, or others. I just got some last week

Kfactor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My lfs don’t carry it here in Canada I just ordered my first pair of it and can’t wait to try it it costed me a arm and a leg with shipping . I find lfs are just trying to sell you what they have and will tell you Anything to sell it to you lol

haitian_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This shortage in the US is a bit annoying. It's out of stock on BRS and Marine Depot for quite awhile now. I'm tempted to just go with Red Sea Blue Bucket.

Duffer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it's out there but hard to find. i just picked up a bucket from Petco online.. Saltwater aquarium had 70 buckets in last week and sold out. There is a discussion on this point where TM answered this question.

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My lfs don’t carry it here in Canada I just ordered my first pair of it and can’t wait to try it it costed me a arm and a leg with shipping . I find lfs are just trying to sell you what they have and will tell you Anything to sell it to you lol
I ended up switching to Reef Crystals, because of the cost of shipping TMP to me, here in Canada. And I actually like the response I'm getting from my corals with it, and the Coraline growth compared to TMP. Don't get me wrong it's a good salt, but far from being worth $160 a bucket.

reeferKen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
post 11 said "There has been no "slow down" due to the COVID-19 situation."

Potatohead

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone jumped on the bandwagon because a certain vendor hyped the sale up in their online videos. It's really amazing how much salt a few videos can sell.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up switching to Reef Crystals, because of the cost of shipping TMP to me, here in Canada. And I actually like the response I'm getting from my corals with it, and the Coraline growth compared to TMP. Don't get me wrong it's a good salt, but far from being worth $160 a bucket.
TMP retail price in Canada is $160-$180 a bucket.
Nobody wants to retail it in Canada anymore as orders are very rare, not many willing to part twice as much as any other salt, especially when salt is just salt. They may consider being more in line with premium salt prices. Right now....so out to lunch....IMM.

Crashnt24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I noticed coraline explode in growth after I switched away from Tropic Marin. I switched to Red Sea blue bucket. I always loved how quick and clean Tropic Marin mixed... but the results from switching is surprising. I really didn't except to notice better growth from a cheaper salt. Makes you wonder if something is lacking in their salt to make it mix so fast and clear...

I doubt ill be going back to TMP

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 71 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 63 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back