Tropic Marin Pro vs Fritz RPM

Cheesus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everyone,

I pretty much run a full LPS system. I was just curious between Tropic Marin and Fritz has anyone seen a difference in their tank?

I moved states a month ago and have not been able to get my RODI system back up so I am using LFS saltwater. They use Tropic Marin. I typically use Fritz when I mix my own.
Just curious what everyone thinks!

GillMeister

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everyone,

I pretty much run a full LPS system. I was just curious between Tropic Marin and Fritz has anyone seen a difference in their tank?

I moved states a month ago and have not been able to get my RODI system back up so I am using LFS saltwater. They use Tropic Marin. I typically use Fritz when I mix my own.
Just curious what everyone thinks!
Tropic Marin availability is very hit or miss. Mostly miss from my experience. For LPS you can probably get by with something more economical and readily available. I used IO Reef Crystal's when I had a LPS tank and I had healthy corals.

OP
OP
Cheesus

Cheesus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tropic Marin availability is very hit or miss. Mostly miss from my experience. For LPS you can probably get by with something more economical and readily available. I used IO Reef Crystal's when I had a LPS tank and I had healthy corals.
I only have a 30 long and a 50 lagoon I haven't set up yet, so one bucket would last awhile. I hear you though, I figured with just LPS most people would say it wouldn't matter much.

Maybe one day ill add one SPS :)

Duffer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i was using fritz and switched to tropic marine a year ago. With fritz i was finding out the parameters was all over the place from one batch to another. The LFS i was getting fritz from stop using them as they went thru a number of tank crashes.

Tropic marine right now is hard to find as it comes from Germany, but i order well before my needs. With Tropic marine my parameters are the same with each batch and each bucket which in turn keeps more stability. My corals love it, so i am a believer in Tropic marine .

OP
OP
Cheesus

Cheesus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i was using fritz and switched to tropic marine a year ago. With fritz i was finding out the parameters was all over the place from one batch to another. The LFS i was getting fritz from stop using them as they went thru a number of tank crashes.

Tropic marine right now is hard to find as it comes from Germany, but i order well before my needs. With Tropic marine my parameters are the same with each batch and each bucket which in turn keeps more stability. My corals love it, so i am a believer in Tropic marine .
Thank you for the opinion! I went through a tank crash right before I moved and have no idea why. I lost every torch I had...It wasn't BJD though.

GillMeister

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Just hear me out for a moment. I've seen fluctuations from water changes even though I've used TM Pro exclusively to this point. If you are dosing Kalk or two part you're probably going to stray from the salt mix parameters. I think this is as likely to cause a tank crash as a change in salt mix. If a change is made, it has to be gradual and it requires testing and adjusting before the water change.

OP
OP
Cheesus

Cheesus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just hear me out for a moment. I've seen fluctuations from water changes even though I've used TM Pro exclusively to this point. If you are dosing Kalk or two part you're probably going to stray from the salt mix parameters. I think this is as likely to cause a tank crash as a change in salt mix. If a change is made, it has to be gradual and it requires testing and adjusting before the water change.
Yeah, That makes sense too me. I keep an eye on Alk and try not to dose anything unless I have too. My Alk consumption is not that high.

botheboss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a problem with fritz parameters fluctuating after mixing. I was only mixing 40g at a time but still wasn’t doing right. I only use brightwell, IO, or Tropic Marin now.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 30 32.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back