Tropic Marin reef snow

Nevets9333

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All- I have a container of this tropic marin pro-coral reef snow and zooton. From the directions I will stir and soak the snow for an hour then mix in the zooton for another 30 mins or so. Simple, but time consuming. I have no issues doing it if was worth it for my corals, but their is very little information or review from this product. Any use this or have any feedback on it?? Thanks! Items are below..

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been trying it out. Interesting stuff. I think it says you can premix some and put in the fridge for a few days? Doesn't take very much. I found I want to use less than the package says as it seems to coagulate the water/food quite a bit and I wanted smaller particles. I have used other foods like benereef and reef roids.

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the 2 little fishies brand of coral
Snow .

I’m not sure if beneficial or not .
mans haven’t tested any increase in nutrients caused by it .

reef roids and polyp booster ... that’s a different story .
dose once and Battle phosphates for a week

OP
OP
Nevets9333

Nevets9333

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been trying it out. Interesting stuff. I think it says you can premix some and put in the fridge for a few days? Doesn't take very much. I found I want to use less than the package says as it seems to coagulate the water/food quite a bit and I wanted smaller particles. I have used other foods like benereef and reef roids.
That was my thought with using less too. I thought of I let it sit and "hydrate" it would turn into like a cloudy water that would feed the sps. The clumps/coagulate almost seems wasteful.

OP
OP
Nevets9333

Nevets9333

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the 2 little fishies brand of coral
Snow .

I’m not sure if beneficial or not .
mans haven’t tested any increase in nutrients caused by it .

reef roids and polyp booster ... that’s a different story .
dose once and Battle phosphates for a week
Thanks for the input. I use reef roids too. I guess if its not increasing nutrients then it doesn't have too much downside. How often do you use it?

JustinMN18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So following the instructions, it's 100ml to 1 scoop of powder (tropic Marin).... Do you dump all of that in the tank regardless of size? I have 100 gallon DT, and not sure how much to add.

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So following the instructions, it's 100ml to 1 scoop of powder (tropic Marin).... Do you dump all of that in the tank regardless of size? I have 100 gallon DT, and not sure how much to add.
That sounds like a lot. I would mix up just the amount of food I would normally put in the tank with some water in a little cup, and then add a tiny bit of the Snow to coagulate things.

mcgullen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bumping this. There is zero info on what this Zooton is and its effects on nutrients.

I am mainly worried about phosphate spike, confused about its difference with TM marine snow, and curious about whether goniopora likes this Zooton.
wx_camera_1651043561363.jpg

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bumping this. There is zero info on what this Zooton is and its effects on nutrients.

I am mainly worried about phosphate spike, confused about its difference with TM marine snow, and curious about whether goniopora likes this Zooton.
wx_camera_1651043561363.jpg
I'd assume it's freeze dried zoo plankton. What color is it? Are you supposed to rehydrate it in tank or rodi water? If it's zoo plankton all your corals should like it.

mcgullen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd assume it's freeze dried zoo plankton. What color is it? Are you supposed to rehydrate it in tank or rodi water? If it's zoo plankton all your corals should like it.
The label seems to make it sound like there is no zoo plankton in it. It says "shrimp and shrimp derivatives". I am supposed to rehydrate with tank water.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The label seems to make it sound like there is no zoo plankton in it. It says "shrimp and shrimp derivatives". I am supposed to rehydrate with tank water.
Ok maybe powdered shrimp to replicate zoo plankton? Pictures?

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back