Tropic Marin salt from Germany mixed brown

Snyderman3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bout a 5 gallon bucket of tropic Marin pro reef salt on 5/9/22 and it mixed filthy brown I thought the Germany mix was supposed to be unaffected is it safe to use or should I dump it and get a different brand?

OP
OP
S

Snyderman3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crazy. Could you provide pics or video and the lot number?
E4CA83E9-7B00-4A10-83E3-785D7145D624.jpeg
D3B96E40-4C08-4C7A-BF06-6157962F6E29.jpeg
5F7F3573-B517-4A80-AC0A-59846137AE26.jpeg

OP
OP
S

Snyderman3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The clean one is just RO water to show my filters aren’t where it’s coming from then the pick in the 5 gallon bucket is after 2 1/2 cups of salt and I mixed by hand just to make sure it wasn’t from dirty equipment or anything like that and I can post the lot# when I get home

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lou at tropic marin usa, he deals with a lot of the customer service stuff it seems

OP
OP
S

Snyderman3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lou at tropic marin usa, he deals with a lot of the customer service stuff it seems
Oh, my lfs is going to replace it with a bucket of Red Sea because this is my second bucket of tropic Marin that I had this problem with so this one was a replacement and then it has the same problem so I’m just not going to use tropic Marin until they get their crap together

OP
OP
S

Snyderman3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
elemental calamity I suspect but a man wonders if slightly, tinily tinged water is safe for bio life; a valid question nontheless.
Yeah but if you’re paying the extra price for the “Best” even if it’s safe I want a clean mix that’s why I spend the extra money either way I will move to Red Sea until all this settles out with TM

OP
OP
S

Snyderman3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed last week that my 65 gallon mixing container is now stainex brown from tm German only. Cleaned it a month ago like new. What the heck is going on with them.
Yeah I clean my morning mixing containers after every use so I know it was the salt but I still did the test with the white 5 gallon bucket just to be %100 sure because I thought the Germany stuff was supposed to be unaffected but it’s obviously not.

OP
OP
S

Snyderman3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, my lfs is going to replace it with a bucket of Red Sea because this is my second bucket of tropic Marin that I had this problem with so this one was a replacement and then it has the same problem so I’m just not going to use tropic Marin until they get their crap together
This was from the first bucket I bought but the seal was messed up so I went to my lfs to get a replacement because I thought it might have been tampered with because it also said from Germany but this second bucket was for sure sealed and actually seemed like it mixed worse so it’s for sure a problem with TM.

34FC55F6-2D42-4E36-8C94-E9FF116D62A1.jpeg

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And here I thought we were past this. So what's everyone's "go to" replacement salt? Instant Ocean Reef Crystals? Red Sea Blue Bucket?

I really like how Tropic Marin Pro Reef mixed but I'm almost out of the German (pre-issue) salt.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 58.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back