Tropic Marin says Pro Reef Salt supply will improve “by the middle of 2021”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Builders

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tropic Marin Pro Reef Salt is a popular salt mix designed for reef tanks and traditional saltwater aquariums and a lot of consumers love the salt. As we enter a full year of pandemic-related lockdowns across the globe the thirst for reef tank gadgets and accessories is at an all-time high. For some additives and…
Source

Continue reading...

nickm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the shelf life on an unopened bucket?

Polyp Punk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any date on this yet ? I am starting a new 15g peninsula... is it. too risky to start the tank on tropic marin pro reef? its basically the only thing thats keeping me from starting the tank right now because im waiting for it to stock up !

GillMeister

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any date on this yet ? I am starting a new 15g peninsula... is it. too risky to start the tank on tropic marin pro reef? its basically the only thing thats keeping me from starting the tank right now because im waiting for it to stock up !
You can start off with any salt mix you like with a tank this size. It's the people with large tanks and using large amounts of salt that are changing to other mixes. Small buckets are generally more available.

Koigula

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am certain salt mix will not make or break any tank, especially a new set up. Most will be dirtier than TM. Cleaning consists of 2 cups of vinegar and half a cup of 3% peroxide to remove brown residue over night for a 60 gallon vessel with rodi water. TM still needs this cleaning less often. The ocean is dirty too.

Looking around at salt preferences, I found the following:

WWC - NEOMarine Brightwell $$
BRS - TM $$$
Long Island Aquarium - Filter seawater $

I have not seen any evidence of price gouging online or retail except fish and they can keep them. I am concerned about preferential treatment or prepurchased not making it to online inventory. I have seen evidence of that and will keep it to myself and act accordingly. :)

TM is the only Eu brand in aquariums except Tuze and Sicce I use. I suspect there margins are better in other countries they export to.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back