Tropical Storm Zeta Claimed My Reef

Dana Riddle

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
T.S. Zeta roared into Atlanta early Thursday morning, and I had no power for 2 days. I lost a Lamarck's angelfish and about a dozen corals - almost all SPS. In addition, there is a 90 foot red oak on the house with major damage. I am going to be really busy for a few days, so bear with me.

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
T.S. Zeta roared into Atlanta early Thursday morning, and I had no power for 2 days. I lost a Lamarck's angelfish and about a dozen corals - almost all SPS. In addition, there is a 90 foot red oak on the house with major damage. I am going to be really busy for a few days, so bear with me.

So sorry to hear this Dana, Hurricanes are absolutely no fun, and are high on my list of least favorite things ever. It’s good you are alright and safe, sorry to hear about your reef and the house.

gentlefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So sorry to hear about your pain and loss. Our prayers are with you.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
OH no Dana !!!
I wondred , I feared and hoped no one would be affected. Too much disaster this calendar year !!

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry to hear!!!

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thoughts and prayers going your way! Houses and tanks can be replaced buy your loved ones can’t. Glad no one was hurt.
We have tornados here in Tennessee. I know that helpless feeling when they are coming your way.

OP
OP
Dana Riddle

Dana Riddle

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just glad your safe. Hope you can get everything in order quickly. Prayers for you bro...
Thank you. Not all corals perished, but my favorites did - the blue Oregon tort, Gilligan and Walt Disney Acros, and so on.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 32 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back