Troublesome Diamond Goby

MohrReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So we just HAD to have a sandsifting fish, because it was SO cute. Well now hes digging up all the corals. We never had this issue until we placed some corals on the sand bed near one of his many entrances to his private estate under the rock. Hes now become very aggressive with the digging all over the tank, smashing into everything, punching his face into coral stealing food from them after he makes them spit it out. I love him so much. Anywho, whens the best time to move a coral? I want to provide as little stress as possible.

If this doesnt work to curb the attitude, how do I evict this bull?

OP
OP
MohrReefs

MohrReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's your pet, why evict him for doing what he is supposed to be doing? Mount the coral on rock if you can.
Well id ideally like to move the coral first to see of that helps put him back to his more docile state. But if hes going around tearing up corals hes gotta go.

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine did the same thing. I call him my Demon Goby, instead of diamond goby. However, I will say that mine settled down as well and is now very well behaved, plus my sand is always beautiful. Once I moved everyting away from him holes he was happy again.

OP
OP
MohrReefs

MohrReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine did the same thing. I call him my Demon Goby, instead of diamond goby. However, I will say that mine settled down as well and is now very well behaved, plus my sand is always beautiful. Once I moved everyting away from him holes he was happy again.
Yeah that's what I'm trying to do before I resort to taking him to my LFS. That's why i asked whens the best time to move a coral to not stress them out as much. My poor bubble has been ravaged by this guy.

Back