Troubling GSP behavior, not sure what to make of it?

TheWackyWiz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I noticed some really strange behavior from one of my GSP's last night and I am really not sure what to do. Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Params:
Calcium= 500ppm
kH=179ppm
Nitrate= 10ppm
Phosphate=1.0ppm

As soon as I saw that high of a nitrate reading I did a 50% water change and followed that up with another 50% water change this morning.

I've never seen the polyps so extended and limp. They were also twitching which did not look good. Everyting else in the tank is looking/acting completely normal.

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Phosphate is a little high but I’m not sure it would really cause issue with GSP , and I run GSP with high nitrates around 15-30 so it shouldn’t be yr nitrate video doesn’t work for me, can you provide pics

Upvote 0
OP
OP
TheWackyWiz

TheWackyWiz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Phosphate is a little high but I’m not sure it would really cause issue with GSP , and I run GSP with high nitrates around 15-30 so it shouldn’t be yr nitrate video doesn’t work for me, can you provide pics
Sure.
PXL_20210226_004853101.jpg

I've never seen the polyps extend that far out. They also didn't retreat when one of hermits was bothering them which is abnormal.

Upvote 0

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure.
PXL_20210226_004853101.jpg

I've never seen the polyps extend that far out. They also didn't retreat when one of hermits was bothering them which is abnormal.
Bruh it’s a long polyp GSP variant lol I got them they don’t have the star in the middle but have longer polyps and are a slower grower than regular GSP

Upvote 0
OP
OP
TheWackyWiz

TheWackyWiz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bruh it’s a long polyp GSP variant lol I got them they don’t have the star in the middle but have longer polyps and are a slower grower than regular GSP
I know I have multiple variants. It's a bummer the video didn't work. The twitching was what bothered me. I've had it about 6 months and it's never moved liked that before.

Upvote 0

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I have multiple variants. It's a bummer the video didn't work. The twitching was what bothered me. I've had it about 6 months and it's never moved liked that before.
Yea I’m sure they will be fine , GSP is very moody to changes but hardy. Like if I feed reef roids all my GSp wil close

Upvote 0

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back