~~troylee's 220gal inwall build~~

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this was my first tank and first time building anything fish related lol....
a little over 2yrs ago...

here was my build for my first saltwater tank..... it actually just came down 2 months ago but it was cool.... maybe give you some ideas if your planning a inwall build.....
first
"THE VISION THAT STARTED IT ALL"
1-1.jpg

sorry no pics of the tank build althou i did build it...never knew what this was gonna be....."ADDICTION" lol..
2-1.jpg

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cutting away!!!! good ole sawzall.... then i ran a header on the wall studs put a couple legs in the back and topped it off with a piece of 1" mdf to sit on...
3-1.jpg

got the tank in there with a little help from little man and started the dry wall....the rounded corner of the wall ws the hardest to match the tank since i heat treated the material and rolled the sides...
4-1.jpg

5-1.jpg

a couple quick coats of paint..
6-1.jpg

7-1.jpg

and the fill........
8-1.jpg

updated photos....
10-1.jpg

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
17-1.jpg

and what she looked like before i took it down...:(
19-1.jpg

20-1.jpg

wish i had more photos or a better write up for ya but i didnt even know there were reef clubs around when i did this.....just took a few pics and had a tank..

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya I really miss that tank... it was the biggest pita. To maintain but it sure did look sweet...
That was actually just built as a tank then it cycled and I had a diatom bloom got on the net to see what was going on and found out there was reef clubs and sumps etc..lol
So after 2 months I drilled the tank full of livestock attached a external overflow box and built a sump..pretty much turned it into a reef tank and then I was hooked!!!!! You can see where I'm at now...lol

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.8%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 17.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 42.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back