True vs False Personifer Angelfish

sc50964

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need angel expert’s input before I make the purchase on a true personifer.

Is it for real that the face of male true personifer angelfish isn’t as colorful as that of male false personifer?

OP
OP
sc50964

sc50964

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this between the false and true? (just curious)
Yes. I cant really find any pic of confirmed adult male true personifer online so I can’t tell if it will end up with the same colorful pattern that the male false personifer has.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. I cant really find any pic of confirmed adult male true personifer online so I can’t tell if it will end up with the same colorful pattern that the male false personifer has.
I looked (and did), and aside from the black stripe on the tail they looked very similar. The degree of color variation (or vivdness) can also differ as well.

Which is the cheaper fish?

OP
OP
sc50964

sc50964

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I looked (and did), and aside from the black stripe on the tail they looked very similar. The degree of color variation (or vivdness) can also differ as well.

Which is the cheaper fish?
False is supposed to be way cheaper cuz True is rarely collected.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
False is supposed to be way cheaper cuz True is rarely collected.
Honestly, unless the True is your “must-have holy grail” fish, only your pocketbook or a true angel aficionado is going to be able to tell the difference. I’m sure you won’t have to wait too long for someone else to weigh-in. Nice fish, though! Wish I had a tank large enough for one!

OP
OP
sc50964

sc50964

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, unless the True is your “must-have holy grail” fish, only your pocketbook or a true angel aficionado is going to be able to tell the difference. I’m sure you won’t have to wait too long for someone else to weigh-in. Nice fish, though! Wish I had a tank large enough for one!
I am getting an offer to get the true at the false price. So you see it’s a tough one. See the attached for the blue colorful face that a false could have. Idk if the more rare True can have this. That’s the question.

Attachments

• 7831A0E2-9253-466E-9ED8-FCDB507613B5.jpeg
    7831A0E2-9253-466E-9ED8-FCDB507613B5.jpeg
    44.2 KB · Views: 155

hkmapear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The price of false personifier should be cheaper than a true personifier.

I keep a few of them in my tank. A true personifier angelfish has black tail, but not for a false personifier angelfish

hope it helps.

OP
OP
sc50964

sc50964

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The price of false personifier should be cheaper than a true personifier.

I keep a few of them in my tank. A true personifier angelfish has black tail, but not for a false personifier angelfish

hope it helps.

Thanks.

it does appear that the face of your true personifer is not as colorful as the false. Is that cuz ur false is a male and ur true is a female?

hkmapear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks.

it does appear that the face of your true personifer is not as colorful as the false. Is that cuz ur false is a male and ur true is a female?
For male, it should be white in color, but I don’t know why it keeps changing in dark color. For false personifier, it starts changing from male to female.

Flame2hawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tail is biggest difference between false and true. Both beautiful. I found them hard to acclimate while going thru QT and lost 2 false ones some time ago. Gave up after that. Great looking fish.

OP
OP
sc50964

sc50964

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tail is biggest difference between false and true. Both beautiful. I found them hard to acclimate while going thru QT and lost 2 false ones some time ago. Gave up after that. Great looking fish.
What issues did you run into during QT?

Flame2hawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What issues did you run into during QT?
I must have not gotten good specimens as they would start to eat then after a week or so they would start to discolor and eventually stopped eating and died. They didn’t take to copper very well….

OP
OP
sc50964

sc50964

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I must have not gotten good specimens as they would start to eat then after a week or so they would start to discolor and eventually stopped eating and died. They didn’t take to copper very well….
That’s a bummer for sure as they likely didn’t come cheap. Can you provide a bit more info? What copper was used? What concentration? how big were the personifer?

Flame2hawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s a bummer for sure as they likely didn’t come cheap. Can you provide a bit more info? What copper was used? What concentration? how big were the personifer?
One was 2” and the other 3 1/2”, Copper power at 2.00 which is my go to and relatively gentle. Yes they were expensive! But more than that is I hate to lose fish, especially that beautiful.

LaloJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What bad news, that is why I prefer a QT observation tank and not medicate unless necessary, Chaetodontoplus is usually very delicate, even C. messoleucus that is found very regularly.

Flame2hawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What bad news, that is why I prefer a QT observation tank and not medicate unless necessary, Chaetodontoplus is usually very delicate, even C. messoleucus that is found very regularly.
Except that I haven’t had that issue with other Chaetodontoplus, ie: scribbled, blu line). Very disappointing that I couldn’t get them out of QT but if I ever try again, I will only treat for flukes, which all fish have, and observe. Thx

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My true personifier transitioned into male over the last month. He is about 4.5". now. Absolutely stunning fish. Had him since a wee baby, 1" big, so cool to see him grown up.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 75 51.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 74 51.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 37 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 32 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.2%
Back