Trying to figure out what is the best light for my 15g innovative marine tank/ any tips for a new reefer would be really appreciated.

G800

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
first off I'm new and I would like to say hi to everyone that is the reefing community. I have a 15 gallon tank and i cant decide what light is best. at first i was going to go with a ai prime 16hd but after some research I have found out that there lens burn up really fast and one thing I don't want is to be spending 230 every 6 months. the best option i have found is lllumagic pixel single puck but it doesn't have controls just on and off but the lifetime warranty on the lens are amazing another one is the lllumagic blaze x mini witch is the same cost as the ai prime but still no burnt lens and a app to control the light. I'm looking to have a mixed reef witch ik is not going to be at fist sense i am a newbie but my thing is as i get into the hobby and gain experience i wish to grow sps,lps, and softies. but no sps for a while. I have a list of stuff I have coming dry rock,wavemaker, or water 4 stage fillter,tropic marin pro reef salt, I have no experience keeping saltwater so anything helps thanks so much.

OP
OP
G

G800

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the stocking im thinking is a yasha goby with pistol shrimp first\
second is a pair of oscres smaller snowflake clown
lastly a wetmorella wrasse yellow or white
this list might change but thats what i kinda want

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out the Noo-Psyche lights. They are a sponsor on here. My son has the K7 mini on his 12gal tank and so far it is doing a good job. Their app isn't the greatest/most polished but it gets the job done. If you are a set it and don't mess with it kind of guy then it is fine.

And WELCOME to R2R!

OP
OP
G

G800

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out the Noo-Psyche lights. They are a sponsor on here. My son has the K7 mini on his 12gal tank and so far it is doing a good job. Their app isn't the greatest/most polished but it gets the job done. If you are a set it and don't mess with it kind of guy then it is fine.

And WELCOME to R2R!
hey thanks for the options is there anyone that could tell me the defrence between these compared to the lllumagic blaze x mini

Propane

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I was researching lights I heard the same thing about AI. The more I dug into it I was finding that people were running them full blast 12 hours a day. I don’t remember where I saw it but one person said he turns one of the spectrums down so it won’t burn up. All anecdotal info but something to look into.

hokey11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What exactly is in this 10 g, and what are the measurements? I have a Nuvo 10G and would like to replace the Nicrew 30W with a better lighting option.
I’ll start by saying I’m still learning most of this myself. Tank is a standard 20x10x12 with the 12” Ai coral grow. I have a few LPS candy canes and a BTA. My apogee par meter is registering around 200 at the anemone approx half way down, and around 80 on the sand. This is directly under the width of light though, which is off center to target my nem. Opposite side of the tank registers 10-40 par tops, but it’s only a few inches of tank and no corals over there. I’m still tweaking my %’s but currently I’m at 31% blue and royal blue, and 22% cool white with a 1 hr ramp. I got these numbers by merging the conflicting advice I got from two different LFS. And somewhat verified them my par meter. By from what I’ve read my CW % is still too low, I’m actively researching where exactly it needs to be. Hope this was helpful!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 37.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back