Trying to find balance with 4 bulb T5 fixture

DirtDiggler2823

If I can't break it, it doesn't exist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a used 4 bulb T5 fixture, and look to replace the bulbs soon. It's an aquatic life fixture and I believe it still has the OEM bulbs in it. Its running 1 White, 2 Blues, and 1 Purple bulb. I'm looking to keep softies, and maybe LPS corals in this tank, and I'd like them to grow, and flouresc (sp?). I've been looking at switching to ATI bulbs, but I just heard about another brand called Korallen-Zucht, that might be worth looking into. Looking for some advice on which way to go on this. Below is a quick video of the tank the lights will go over.

OP
OP
DirtDiggler2823

DirtDiggler2823

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, just 4 of those? What 4 bulbs would you recommend?
Read the ad.it has the company reccomend there.
Just choose how blue you want the tank to look. So if you like the purple, one or two 10k or one or two blues. Honestly, all 10k will grow coral quite well. 10,000 kelvin is actually kinda blue on the spectrum. You’ll get more pop and standard tank look with more blues.

OP
OP
DirtDiggler2823

DirtDiggler2823

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just choose how blue you want the tank to look. So if you like the purple, one or two 10k or one or two blues. Honestly, all 10k will grow coral quite well. 10,000 kelvin is actually kinda blue on the spectrum. You’ll get more pop and standard tank look with more blues.
Maybe I need to go to the full site. The mobile site isn't telling me much.

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used both KZ and ATI. Not sure I saw too much difference. At first I did with the KZ, more blue. After time, not much difference. I use all ATI now as they are slightly cheaper. However, I will admit if KZ were to go on sale and be cheaper, I would buy them over ATI. :)

I currently run 3 blue plus and one colal plus on my lps system. If you want more pop, you may want to just add an led strip instead of changing the bulb. Just a thought. My corals grow nicely and have great color.

OP
OP
DirtDiggler2823

DirtDiggler2823

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or maybe it is.....

OP
OP
DirtDiggler2823

DirtDiggler2823

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used both KZ and ATI. Not sure I saw too much difference. At first I did with the KZ, more blue. After time, not much difference. I use all ATI now as they are slightly cheaper. However, I will admit if KZ were to go on sale and be cheaper, I would buy them over ATI. :)

I currently run 3 blue plus and one colal plus on my lps system. If you want more pop, you may want to just add an led strip instead of changing the bulb. Just a thought. My corals grow nicely and have great color.
Orphek has a nice bar I could add, if the need truly arises.

OP
OP
DirtDiggler2823

DirtDiggler2823

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

when you ran KZ, which ones did you go with?

OP
OP
DirtDiggler2823

DirtDiggler2823

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know it was the blue color ones. I used them for supplement on my 210g with MH, so no white ones. They did pop more than the ATI a bit.
Ok, how does this sound: 2 ATI Blue Plus, 1 KZ Coral Plus II Gen, and 1 KZ Fiji Purple?

Back