Trying to find the best battery backup for me

Steffnap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I'm new to reefing and I'm looking for some help with what to do for a battery backup. I have waterbox marine 60.2 running a nero 5. I live in new england so power outages happen during every season of the year. I'm just wondering if anyone has experience with different battery backups for the nero 5. Preferably I'd want something that could go 24 hours, I can't remember the last time i lost power for more then a few hours though. I saw someone on here say they got the new Icecap 24v battery backup to work with the nero 5 but i also read on here that, that might damage the ice cap back up.

I'm basically just looking for something iIcan feel confident in that I can leave on and not worry if I'm at work or asleep so i don't come home or wake up to a dead reef. So i'd need a minimum 8-10 hours out of it. Thanks in advance!

scott11106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I'm new to reefing and I'm looking for some help with what to do for a battery backup. I have waterbox marine 60.2 running a nero 5. I live in new england so power outages happen during every season of the year. I'm just wondering if anyone has experience with different battery backups for the nero 5. Preferably I'd want something that could go 24 hours, I can't remember the last time i lost power for more then a few hours though. I saw someone on here say they got the new Icecap 24v battery backup to work with the nero 5 but i also read on here that, that might damage the ice cap back up.

I'm basically just looking for something iIcan feel confident in that I can leave on and not worry if I'm at work or asleep so i don't come home or wake up to a dead reef. So i'd need a minimum 8-10 hours out of it. Thanks in advance!
I do not have experience with the ice cap backup but I don't know of any off the shelf battery backups to last 24 hrs. Again, I would like to see if anyone has an option for this as I run 3 APC units but merely to run power until the generator kicks on for the house.

Back