Trying to find the name for something to go in drywall

Reefer825

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
You can find a lot of different ones online that look like this that have a rubber style material to push the wires through that covers the exposed areas where there are no wires. Google cable access brush or cable access flexible. The brushed ones have soft bristles instead of the flexible type material pictured. The one that sticks out a little even comes with the hole saw off of Amazon.

0deba64b-8e1a-43c9-b1c1-65c3fa4d268c.f2f8eb106f75e61fd9bda0a96ef6737a.jpeg Screenshot_20220510-193756_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Last edited:

PlumberDude

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are called escutcheons. We use them when pipes penetrate cabinetry or drywall to provide a clean look.

dennis romano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go to the Lowes site. Look for Mono Systems 4 pc tv kit. It is used for running electric wires into a grommet in the wall, the wires run inside the wall then exit through another grommet. Very easy to do.

theMeat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something like this could work. Comes in all sorts of sizes. Could use it with or without the door, which comes off
Something like this could work too, if you’re looking for a smaller opening

Chasmodes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something like this could work. Comes in all sorts of sizes. Could use it with or without the door, which comes off
Something like this could work too, if you’re looking for a smaller opening
That's what I'm doing to, going through our rec-room wall to the basement where my sump is. I purchased an 8x8" access panel, but I decided it was too small, since I might plumb to another tank. I need room for more piping, so I'm going to get twp 14X14" access panels. They're light, plastic and easy to install. All you need is a drywall light.

FYI, the one that I place on the tank side of the wall will be higher than the one on the sump side of the wall, so I can have the most efficient drop for my drain.

Whatever you decide, let us know and post pics of your final work!

DrMMI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used a hole saw to cut a perfectly round hole in the drywall of the waiting room behind the tank to snake all the electrical through to the conference room on the other side. It's clean and all the wires are hidden in a cabinet on the other side.

Chasmodes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what I'm doing to, going through our rec-room wall to the basement where my sump is. I purchased an 8x8" access panel, but I decided it was too small, since I might plumb to another tank. I need room for more piping, so I'm going to get twp 14X14" access panels. They're light, plastic and easy to install. All you need is a drywall light.

FYI, the one that I place on the tank side of the wall will be higher than the one on the sump side of the wall, so I can have the most efficient drop for my drain.

Whatever you decide, let us know and post pics of your final work!
I meant a drywall knife, not light LOL

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve used PVC hinged access covers. Set it so the hinge is up, feed hoses, cables, etc. through it and leave it open resting on the feed throughs.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 29 16.7%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back