Trying to make a decision want to see what you all think!

JEREMY HELMINIAK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m thinking of doing one of two things here. Option 1 I upgrade my current hydra 26hds to the new Neptune Sky. Option 2 I also want to upgrade my current 150 gallon mixed reef to a 250 gallon. I’ve found the tank stand a canopy it’s used but for a great price. Downside to this is I’d have to buy a bigger sump not an issue. The issues comes in with lighting I currently have three hydra 26 hds I would more thank likely need at least one more but to be good I’d say two more because this is a 8 foot tank. As I’m sure you all know the 26s are no longer available and last I knew the 32s will not link with the 26s. Now as far as anything else goes I’m good with skimmer live rock wave makes everything else. Just wondering what everyone’s thoughts are or what would you do. If I buy the tank buying all new lights are not in the budget so I’d have to have find some used 26s.

outhouse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my 210G tank, large tanks and large sumps to go with it makes life easy as they are very stable. Mine is automated so im lucky. You could illuminate the center leaving a foot on the outsides a little shaded for a while. Then add the other light when you find it

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are Hydra 26's used on this forum. Quite a few last I looked. Maybe that will answer your question for you. For me though, I'd definitely get the bigger tank/sump :-D

OP
OP
J

JEREMY HELMINIAK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my 210G tank, large tanks and large sumps to go with it makes life easy as they are very stable. Mine is automated so im lucky. You could illuminate the center leaving a foot on the outsides a little shaded for a while. Then add the other light when you find it
Have you ever added sand to an existing tank just curious on how you did if you’ve done this?

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 35 61.4%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 14 24.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back