Hole is 1/4 the size. Under 2 days heals quickly

20180704_214229.jpg

Rispa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got coral food. Picked up a spare bag of it from my mom's house where my main tank is. I think I'm going to miz that up and try it in a little bit. When they are healthy can they eat mysis too?

Rispa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They eat all protein. Just puree, try feed right at mouth very little thru day, if possible. Use straw if need to. I can see some tentacles. Do they open more thru day
They open a little more, but by no means full. Not sure when they open most.

Reef Nutrition

We Feed Your Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just made a batch yesterday, I add everything into 3000ml beaker. Shellfish diet,has 6 different (diatoms )algaes apprx 20ml,Nannochloropsis 20ml,fish chum 20ml, paracoccus bacteria 10ml,dry rotifers 10ml,reef roids 10ml, sprint 10ml,smallest eggs brine shrimp 10ml,just got phyto-feast 10ml, top off with Nannochloropsis live culture h2o. Instead of DT h2o.

4am checked corals on carousel 99-100% and happy.

Also I add thru day when I remember 4ml dry utra clam food and mixture paracoccus bacteria 5ml,reef roids 5ml,sprint 5ml, also 4 ml, scoop it, add dry to dt. Sometimes fill this in smallest jar with dt h2o, feed thru day, when I remember.

I put 3000ml beaker on stirrer dose 3ml-5ml apprx, once each hour

That's quite a list of small particulate feeds! Glad to see you are incorporating our microalgae blends into the diet. All that algae biomass and species variety can be very useful. Our Shellfish Diet formula has enabled a variety of bivalave hatcheries to eliminate most of their microalgae production. Do you buy direct from us?

I noticed that you are using dry rotifers. We have a liquid suspension feed called Roti-Feast that contains 5 million fully enriched rotifers with many of them carrying eggs. We grow and enrich them with our marine microalgae blends, so the rotifers in this product are highly valuable. We have a number of people feeding Roti-Feast to corals.

I look forward to following this!

-Chad

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's quite a list of small particulate feeds! Glad to see you are incorporating our microalgae blends into the diet. All that algae biomass and species variety can be very useful. Our Shellfish Diet formula has enabled a variety of bivalave hatcheries to eliminate most of their microalgae production. Do you buy direct from us?

I noticed that you are using dry rotifers. We have a liquid suspension feed called Roti-Feast that contains 5 million fully enriched rotifers with many of them carrying eggs. We grow and enrich them with our marine microalgae blends, so the rotifers in this product are highly valuable. We have a number of people feeding Roti-Feast to corals.

I look forward to following this!

-Chad

I have apprx., 60 pacific oysters. From Sole Azul, BC, Mexico . These seem to be the hardy. 8 mo. in outside refugiums, so far. Some clams. Dendronephthya and scleronephthya hard to raise. Had to come up with, unorthodox methods to raise in a half moon tank. See what the future brings.

Reef Nutrition

We Feed Your Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have apprx., 60 pacific oysters. From Sole Azul, BC, Mexico . These seem to be the hardy. 8 mo. in outside refugiums, so far. Some clams. Dendronephthya and scleronephthya hard to raise. Had to come up with, unorthodox methods to raise in a half moon tank. See what the future brings.

The Steinhart Aquarium at the Cal. Academy of Sciences uses our phytoplankton blends as part of the diet for their NPS corals, including Dendronephthya. You are certainly on the right track using microalgae along with other things. I love how you hang them in the tank. I never thought of that.

Rispa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me bump up your thread. I fed it some Hikari Coralific Delight today. I mixed it up, so it stayed kind of thick and squirter it on all the polyps after moving the coral into a small container. I then left for several hours. I came back and the polyps were remarkably clean and many of the mouths were open with the tentacles nubs out. I think this one is going to make it. :) if I go back I'll try to talk the store owner into selling more to me for cheap.

20180705_205419.jpg

Rispa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks again for the advice. It really loves the powdered food.

How are your guys doing? Everyone open, eating, and happy? What's me if that slit/hole you made?

20180708_011746.jpg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back