Trying to scale my cleanup crew, tank started in december, diatoms seems to be dying off now green algae started to appear, what shoud I add

maxpare79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,
Like the title says, I had a bit of diatom bloom that seems to be slowy dying off, the only CUC I had in my 50 gallon is 4 nessarius and 4 nerite, now green algae and hair algae has started to appear, especially on my higher rocks.
What is my next step to keep it in check, what should I add?

20210311_135706.jpg

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cerith snails are my favorite. They eat any and all types of algea. I think I have like 20-25 in a 32 gallon with tons of other snails. Dwarf cerith are work horses ans don’t bulldoze things like turbos.

LegendaryCG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both folks above me nailed it - some other to consider would be an urchin and a little different, but live phytoplankton dosing can help out compete nuisance algae and is a great food source for pods.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,
Like the title says, I had a bit of diatom bloom that seems to be slowy dying off, the only CUC I had in my 50 gallon is 4 nessarius and 4 nerite, now green algae and hair algae has started to appear, especially on my higher rocks.
What is my next step to keep it in check, what should I add?

20210311_135706.jpg
Reefcleaners.org get the package for a 25 gallon tank

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 55 56.1%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 30 30.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back