Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
So what is everyone making for dinner??

Season 8 Thanksgiving GIF by Friends
Family recipe creamed spinach (that my great great Uncle Charlie debuted at his restaurant in 1945), fresh baked rolls, shoyu butter mushrooms, turkey yakisoba (dad just went to Japan for work trip and sent us a food bunch of stuff), finishing off with cranberry, orange, chocolate chip cake and vanilla ice cream.

ninjamyst

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
What do you all use for filter pads? My sump can use filter socks or pads. I just switched to socks today and it's so much noisy than pads...guess I have to switch back to buying pads all the time

stoney7713

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
What do you all use for filter pads? My sump can use filter socks or pads. I just switched to socks today and it's so much noisy than pads...guess I have to switch back to buying pads all the time
Socks, but my eshopps sump isn't designed for anything else.

I buy filling for quilts and stuffing for filter floss in my freshwater.

Dhaleillama

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I hate socks but I use a media basket for slot 1 and a sock for slot 2c chamber 2 is my skimmer and chamber 3 is my refugium with rubber rock, heater and pompom macro and chamber 4 has a sponger filter between it and the return pump

stoney7713

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I hate socks but I use a media basket for slot 1 and a sock for slot 2c chamber 2 is my skimmer and chamber 3 is my refugium with rubber rock, heater and pompom macro and chamber 4 has a sponger filter between it and the return pump
I don't have room for all that :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: I have a eshopps rs100 and that takes up most of the room beneath my 4ft tank.:rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: Barely room for the ATO, UV, and media reactor (carbon but there if I need anything else)

Dhaleillama

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I don't have room for all that :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: I have a eshopps rs100 and that takes up most of the room beneath my 4ft tank.:rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: Barely room for the ATO, UV, and media reactor (carbon but there if I need anything else)
Get rid of the uv and the media reactor then

stoney7713

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Yea ATO is always a must, never ran UV, it kills pods and phytoplankton and other foods my coral needs for a healthy balance
I had pods EVERYWHERE. I seeded the tank with some from Jay's Reef Bugs, just after the cycle finished. Since I added the Timor wrasse though, I really have to search for them.

Does it matter to you whether your fish are captive-bred or wild caught?

• I only buy captive bred fish.

Votes: 94 14.4%
  • It matters, but I will buy either captive-bred or wild-caught.

Votes: 459 70.2%
  • I think wild-caught fish are the better option.

Votes: 16 2.4%
  • I don’t care where the fish were bred.

Votes: 85 13.0%