ninjamyst

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I spent the entire day trying to catch him.and I am soooo happy I did. I had the fish trap in the tank for a week now and only feed through the trap with opened door. I sat in front of the trap for 30 mins while dropping in mysis every 5 mins. After 3 failed attempts, I finally got him! He flips rocks and frags on the sandbed. Buried my gold torch. Kept turning acans over. Killer of so many frags.

1000000511.gif

stoney7713

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I spent the entire day trying to catch him.and I am soooo happy I did. I had the fish trap in the tank for a week now and only feed through the trap with opened door. I sat in front of the trap for 30 mins while dropping in mysis every 5 mins. After 3 failed attempts, I finally got him! He flips rocks and frags on the sandbed. Buried my gold torch. Kept turning acans over. Killer of so many frags.

1000000511.gif
What type is he? Beside a bulldozing frag killer.

Dhaleillama

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0

1000000511.gif
I want him so bad

pandaparties

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Sorry you are wrong. UV definitely kills both. How much it kills in your tank all depends on your flow rate.
Well I think you are wrong and I've never seen a single shred of evidence to say that UV on the scale that's used in an aquarium can kill or sterilize organisms as large as pods. I'd love to see some research stating otherwise.

Dhaleillama

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Well I think you are wrong and I've never seen a single shred of evidence to say that UV on the scale that's used in an aquarium can kill or sterilize organisms as large as pods. I'd love to see some research stating otherwise.
Google will prove you are wrong within moments and you don’t even have to open up a page. Google “ does UV kill copepods” and all of your evidence will overwhelm you. It’s also common sense, if UV kills parasites that it will kill copepods and amphipods if you are wanting it to kill all types of free floating microorganisms l, phytoplankton fits that list as well. That’s why the big question reefers stumble on is, should I go UV or refugium. If your UV isn’t killing all of your pods then it isn’t killing all of your parasites you want it to as well.

Dhaleillama

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I love him but he has killed too many frags. He's beautiful and will get that bright yellow tail and blue sparkle body in another few months. Such a pretty fish. And he does a great job hunting down worms
Put him in a box and ship him to me, I have a fedex account lol

pandaparties

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Google will prove you are wrong within moments and you don’t even have to open up a page. Google “ does UV kill copepods” and all of your evidence will overwhelm you. It’s also common sense, if UV kills parasites that it will kill copepods and amphipods if you are wanting it to kill all types of free floating microorganisms l, phytoplankton fits that list as well. That’s why the big question reefers stumble on is, should I go UV or refugium. If your UV isn’t killing all of your pods then it isn’t killing all of your parasites you want it to as well.
I'm sorry but random r2r threads and blogs is not sufficient evidence nor have you provided any for such a sensational claim (almost every large commercial marine setup uses UV). Second UV doesn't kill anything it sterilizes and prevents reproduction, while pods might exist in the water column they largely are found in porous structure. The size of pods and parasites as well as their structure is vastly different. I'm here to have fun, I'd take your rudeness somewhere else because it doesn't belong here

Dhaleillama

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I'm sorry but random r2r threads and blogs is not sufficient evidence nor have you provided any for such a sensational claim (almost every large commercial marine setup uses UV). Second UV doesn't kill anything it sterilizes and prevents reproduction, while pods might exist in the water column they largely are found in porous structure. The size of pods and parasites as well as their structure is vastly different. I'm here to have fun, I'd take your rudeness somewhere else because it doesn't belong here
Not my fault don’t believe you are wrong regardless of not doing your own research. I’m not being rude I’m educating, but if you don’t want to except the truth that’s on you. Enjoy the sale. Sorry you think proving you wrong is rude, hope you get better.

ninjamyst

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I talk a lot about acros but if there's one coral I must have, it's a nice bubbly ricordea. I love my ricordea garden and these are OG Florida ricordeas which are bigger with more bubbles. Most places now only sell Puerto Rican ricordea which have smaller bubbles and not as colorful. IMO they are the perfect coral.
- bright color
- easy to care for
- doesn't put out stingers that kill other corals
- spreads slowly and doesn't take over like encrusting corals or zoas

1000000333.jpg

stoney7713

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I talk a lot about acros but if there's one coral I must have, it's a nice bubbly ricordea. I love my ricordea garden and these are OG Florida ricordeas which are bigger with more bubbles. Most places now only sell Puerto Rican ricordea which have smaller bubbles and not as colorful. IMO they are the perfect coral.
- bright color
- easy to care for
- doesn't put out stingers that kill other corals
- spreads slowly and doesn't take over like encrusting corals or zoas

1000000333.jpg
Looks like someone spilled a box of Nerds candy in your tank :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

What par do you have them at, they look like they are up high on the rocks.

Dhaleillama

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I haven't seen a lot Bubble coral, and I have read over and over it is a good beginners coral.

I don't think either one of my LFS has any.
I have never tried a bubble coral to be honest, but I like fuzzy sticks. But my favorite to look at in my tank is my mummy eye chalice, that is until some of my sticks mature and get pretty
image.jpg

ninjamyst

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Looks like someone spilled a box of Nerds candy in your tank :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

What par do you have them at, they look like they are up high on the rocks.
They are at the bottom of the tank =P. They do fine low to med light. Low to med flow. They pretty sure whatever about everything

Does it matter to you whether your fish are captive-bred or wild caught?

• I only buy captive bred fish.

Votes: 94 14.4%
  • It matters, but I will buy either captive-bred or wild-caught.

Votes: 457 70.2%
  • I think wild-caught fish are the better option.

Votes: 16 2.5%
  • I don’t care where the fish were bred.

Votes: 84 12.9%
Bulk Reef Supply