TSA Easter Extravaganza Sale! ***OVER 2500 CORALS*** $1, $5, $10 and FREE CORALS!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
TopShelfAquatics

TopShelfAquatics

Follow us on Instagram @topshelfaquatics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Easter.jpg

turbo21

Fenchies and Fish Oh My
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to say that I feel that this sale is a scam, as the headline advertised free/$5/$10 corals are so incredibly unlikely to be available to be purchased by any particular customer. It is sad that our community of hobbyists has allowed this type of dishonest advertising to proliferate.
I snagged 2 of the $10 corals. Just gotta be quick

Devin6871

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to say that I feel that this sale is a scam, as the headline advertised free/$5/$10 corals are so incredibly unlikely to be available to be purchased by any particular customer. It is sad that our community of hobbyists has allowed this type of dishonest advertising to proliferate.
Screenshot_20210404-201056_Chrome.jpg

Seems like you gotta get some heat on them fingers of yours

OP
OP
TopShelfAquatics

TopShelfAquatics

Follow us on Instagram @topshelfaquatics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

I am sorry you feel that way. We had $1, $5, $10 and free corals in every drop not to mention we dropped extras throughout this thread. Unfortunately we can't give out hundreds of them and they go very very fast. All of the other corals are very discounted as well and we always do additional discounts after the sale ends. Hope the next one goes better for you.

ReefMagnet

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry you were not able to grab these bonus corals but absolutely this is NOT a scam...I was able to get one $1, 2 $5 and $10 along with other great deals. TSA is among best coral vendors out there. Their live sales are popular so yes it's hard to get cheaper corals and got frustrated some time...I have been there. You can look through TSA past live sales on R2R to see others experience. Good luck next time!

Devin6871

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With as many people that participate in these threads I'm often lucky to get one.

I only think I did better this time because I had time to sit refreshing over a few spells

nsteinca

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1001A282-EEBB-477A-8DFD-4AFBC067C0AC.jpeg

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
And to rub salt in the wound, someone has just bought the last skittles cyphastrea that I had my eye on. :(

Where is the crying emoji when you need it?

I did get some bargain corals so overall I'm reasonably happy, but sad that both days ended on a bit of a low. Not TSA's fault mind; that's just the nature of these types of sales.

ReefMagnet

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry you were not able to grab these bonus corals but absolutely this is NOT a scam...I was able to get one $1, 2 $5 and $10 along with other great deals. TSA is among best coral vendors out there. Their live sales are popular so yes it's hard to get cheaper corals and got frustrated some time...I have been there. You can look through TSA past live sales on R2R to see others experience. Good luck next time!
a snapshot of my purchases btw
1617582065693.png

rwb500

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
haha. My 2nd live sale, to answer that question. I know a lot of vendors do this now.

on average, wasn't there about three free/$5/$10 frags per round? so for the whole sale, there was maybe only 50-60 of these? I was at my pc hitting F5 at the turn of the hour, every hour, with the URL already primed to sort by price, so I know I saw exactly what was available.

rwb500

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how are you guys doing it? Obviously you mash F5 at the turn of the hour, then you click add to cart, then you click check out, and then you click once to have Chrome auto fill the CC, you type the 3 digit CVC, you click the "terms and conditions" box, and you click purchase. Is there a faster way?

nsmyers64

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
haha. My 2nd live sale, to answer that question. I know a lot of vendors do this now.

on average, wasn't there about three free/$5/$10 frags per round? so for the whole sale, there was maybe only 50-60 of these? I was at my pc hitting F5 at the turn of the hour, every hour, with the URL already primed to sort by price, so I know I saw exactly what was available.
There is no entrance fee, no requirement to buy anything if you get a cheepo frag. You literally could sit here all day and try to buy each cheepo frag, and if it didn't work out, you wouldn't have paid a dime. But you bought other corals, right? So there were deals that you liked other than the cheepo frags. I am sick and tired of people who come into these threads complaining about how they can't get a cheap frag, there isn't enough ETC. TSA is practically giving away all those corals. It's just sad that you expect these stores to give a consolation prize to you for what? Buying something you chose to buy? I don't go into tops after the monopoly event saying "This is a scam! I didn't get one of the advertised prizes so this is a scam", despite the fact that you bought those groceries there and got those groceries. These sales are incredibly good chances for people to get corals they wouldn't normally be able to buy, and spice up their tank. At the same token, its a way for the stores to sell their corals to a lot of people, and keep in business. Get out of here with this negativity and stop being a sore loser, putting down TSA who is known for their great sales.

turbo21

Fenchies and Fish Oh My
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually over the 16 hrs there were at least 4-5 on his site and 2-3 dropped in this thread
So 6-8 every hour Well over 100 corals below $10

rwb500

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is no entrance fee, no requirement to buy anything if you get a cheepo frag. You literally could sit here all day and try to buy each cheepo frag, and if it didn't work out, you wouldn't have paid a dime. But you bought other corals, right? So there were deals that you liked other than the cheepo frags. I am sick and tired of people who come into these threads complaining about how they can't get a cheap frag, there isn't enough ETC. TSA is practically giving away all those corals. It's just sad that you expect these stores to give a consolation prize to you for what? Buying something you chose to buy? I don't go into tops after the monopoly event saying "This is a scam! I didn't get one of the advertised prizes so this is a scam", despite the fact that you bought those groceries there and got those groceries. These sales are incredibly good chances for people to get corals they wouldn't normally be able to buy, and spice up their tank. At the same token, its a way for the stores to sell their corals to a lot of people, and keep in business. Get out of here with this negativity and stop being a sore loser, putting down TSA who is known for their great sales.

I think that's the difference. I value my time more than saving a few dollars. This type of sale is just not for me.

I stand by my point that there were no more than 3 per hour.

nsmyers64

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that's the difference. I value my time more than saving a few dollars. This type of sale is just not for me.

I stand by my point that there were no more than 3 per hour.
if this sale ain't for you, then just leave... Instead, you sit here lurking in the thread badmouthing the people who put on a good sale for those of us who care.

rwb500

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if this sale ain't for you, then just leave... Instead, you sit here lurking in the thread badmouthing the people who put on a good sale for those of us who care.

Well, I was hoping to save time for people like me, who might see a banner ad for free/$5/$10 corals, and think they have a good chance of getting one, when they don't.

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
And to rub salt in the wound, someone has just bought the last skittles cyphastrea that I had my eye on. :(

Where is the crying emoji when you need it?

I did get some bargain corals so overall I'm reasonably happy, but sad that both days ended on a bit of a low. Not TSA's fault mind; that's just the nature of these types of sales.

I would like to apologise for this post that was made in the post-sale low.

Looking back at my haul I have to be very happy with the weekend. For those saying that there weren't many cheap frags available, I managed to bag 6 at $10 or below, which is pretty amazing. Overall my 9 frags averaged out to be around what you would usually expect to pay for something common like Xenia, but for that price I got some really nice LPS pieces including a Duncan, a Zoa and a RFA. I didn't get the skittle cyphastrea but I did get a jingle bells cyphastrea in the after-sale, which also looks great.

Thanks TSA and I look forward to receiving my shipment.

Back