TSA Favia confusion

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Zeal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3ONLINE.N1.110120-1.jpg

RD2.M4.031621E-1.jpg

So I found both of these Favias on the TSA website. Same name but kind of looks completely different.

Now are they the same thing and just grew differently or..? I can kind of see the red rim on the top picture but thats it.

Just curious if its the same thing or not before I place an order in the future.

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even if they come from the same colony, it's possible they'll grow into two entirely different specimens! The bottom one has a hint of green, whereas the first one seems to be primarily green and less red. It also appears slightly larger and more developed. It could also be the lighting of the two pics being slightly different. It's hard to really tell from one picture. Is it possible that you could contact the seller for more info or pics? That might help your decision.

OP
OP
Zeal

Zeal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even if they come from the same colony, it's possible they'll grow into two entirely different specimens! The bottom one has a hint of green, whereas the first one seems to be primarily green and less red. It also appears slightly larger and more developed. It could also be the lighting of the two pics being slightly different. It's hard to really tell from one picture. Is it possible that you could contact the seller for more info or pics? That might help your decision.
Yeah.. or could be 2 different frags :rolleyes:

TopShelfAquatics

Follow us on Instagram @topshelfaquatics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey! Just some input. The first picture was from back in November, the second picture is very recent. Over the last few months the colony has morphed also the pictures were under slightly different lighting. Definitely the same colony though.

OP
OP
Zeal

Zeal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! Just some input. The first picture was from back in November, the second picture is very recent. Over the last few months the colony has morphed also the pictures were under slightly different lighting. Definitely the same colony though.
Ok good to know! Thank you for the update. Any chance we cna see the colony?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back