***TSA Spring SUPER Sale!!! 800+ Corals and DEEEEEEP Discounts!***

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
503 service not avail :(

Mgraves714

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright MGraves let's see if we can get you working a bit faster.

So to preface, proceed at your own risk, I do the following on my computer often but we are getting a little deeper technically here. With the above said, what we are doing is fairly low risk.

If you are on a windows machine, your registry is setup to manage your connection speeds in different ways. Some computers and connections will do better with one setting and others will do better with another. Personally for me my setup does better with the "normal" setting below. Some other setups may do best with this disabled. You can use speedtest.net to determine which one is faster for you.

1. Check to see what your autotuning is set is.
  1. Go to speedtest.net and document your speeds currently.
  2. Go to windows search and type in cmd, right click the cmd icon and run as admin.
  3. Copy paste the following in to the prompt: "netsh interface tcp show global" - hit enter to execute
  4. Look at the value under "Receive window auto tuning level" If it says normal, you're currently using normal, if it says disabled you are currently disabled.
  5. To change this value copy paste the following in and hit enter if your value previously said normal: "netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled"
    1. If your value said disabled previously put in the following: "netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal"
  6. The prompt should read "ok." if you did this correctly.
  7. go to speedtest.net and compare your results.
  8. Use the above to keep/revert to the setting that was faster.

Changing this settings increases my speeds by over 400 mb/s so definitely something to look into. If you go through this and experience issues, send me a pm, but I wouldn't expect anything.

Good Luck!
i am having no issues other than tsa site

Chuckymystic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im just looking for decent deals on beginner corals. Shrooms, acans, caps, euphillia but everybody wants those or they are crazy expensive lol.

Reef_in_Denver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am having no issues other than tsa site

Yes I understand, but if you really believe that higher network speeds will help you connect, the above may be a path to increase your personal speeds. This is true outside of the TSA thing currently, just trying to assist you personally as others are reporting success and you are mentioning you are seeing something different. Up to you whether you want to try it.

Mgraves714

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i was finally able to get in but seems anything that was a good deal and or low price was already gone

geovento7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have people working on the backend still trying to fix issues that bogs things down a little bit. Hopefully it'll speed up soon
Got it, maybe lock it up again till completely resolved would be my suggestion, doesn't make sense for only a few to be able to participate, well hope it all works out

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like prices are going up. As I scroll through the view all the same pieces pop up when I work my way down the page. Doesn't really seem like 1000+ pieces.

Reef_in_Denver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man TSA you need to hire a new IT team embarrassing...

This likely isn't anyone on the TSA team's fault. It the current state of web site hosting, any plethora of companies can host your website. The difficultly here is that the amount of traffic they are seeing on the site is uncommon and far higher than normal. When you build the infrastructure for your fast food restaurant, do you build a 7 lane drive thru if you get 10 cars an hour most days, but 100 cars an hour 2 days out of the year? Likely not...similar thing happening here.

block134

Obsessed
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the users need to clear their computers cache and their routers/modems if the sale is to happen today. It can take time for ip addresses to resolve when servers were moved. If not everyone can clear their cache then there will be problems for those people. The best option in my opinion would be to move the sale to next weekend.

acan637

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can we get a special discount for members in here waiting...everything is so expensive, $80 for a cyphastrea plug?!?

IslandLifeReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mine is slow but we are almost done hopefully I can check out

Check out now. If someone already purchased a coral you have in your cart, you will have to take that coral out before you can check out. As more coral are purchased you could keep running into this. Good luck.

Mixing lighting technologies: Do you use multiple types of lighting for your reef?

• I currently use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • I have used multiple types of lighting for my reef in the past.

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • I haven’t used multiple types of lighting for my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • I have no plans to use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back