TSM Aquatics is Committed to FULL 30-day Fish Quarantines

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Jon!

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far so good. I will let you know. Bristletooth, gem and clown tang.

bkreitler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard about TSM Aquatics this morning based on a post I saw on Facebook. I emailed the company and got a reply back within minutes - which I thought was amazing. I have a 5-month old 310 gallon tank with a large fish room (sump, refugium, UV, algae scrubber, etc). All parameters are great and I have about 14 corals in the tank all doing great and a few inverts, snails, etc. I have been wanting to add "real" fish, but don't trust myself to do a great QT process. TSM seems very promising. Will I still need to quarantine after getting the fish from them or add right to the display tank? Anyone had issues with parasites (i.e. ich or velvet) from an order from TSM? I really, really want to give them a try.... I need fish in my display. It looks sort of empty. LOL.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_4379.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_4379.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 29
  • thumbnail_image1.jpg
    thumbnail_image1.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 32

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feels like TSM is about to explode in popularity.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard about TSM Aquatics this morning based on a post I saw on Facebook. I emailed the company and got a reply back within minutes - which I thought was amazing. I have a 5-month old 310 gallon tank with a large fish room (sump, refugium, UV, algae scrubber, etc). All parameters are great and I have about 14 corals in the tank all doing great and a few inverts, snails, etc. I have been wanting to add "real" fish, but don't trust myself to do a great QT process. TSM seems very promising. Will I still need to quarantine after getting the fish from them or add right to the display tank? Anyone had issues with parasites (i.e. ich or velvet) from an order from TSM? I really, really want to give them a try.... I need fish in my display. It looks sort of empty. LOL.
Every fish i own has come from them, and a year later, still not a single sign of any disease. Every fish comes conditioned to eating prepared foods as well. Would recommend 10/10

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will do yourself a favor and save a lot of headaches if you go with TSM . Unless you are really a pro in quarantining , honestly you cannot beat their qt process . And they have got a few fishes through qt which are considered as literally impossible even by many so called experts like Chaetodon Larvatus !!!

Last edited:

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As someone many might think is a "pro" in quarantining on here (I do have some successes, and also failures), I've decided I've had enough with the aggravation. I think I tried too many very large batches. I don't have access to the sources TSM does.

Also, a disease (velvet-like) that copper, CP, H202, Prazi, and Metro couldn't knock (multiple attempts at each) which eventually killed another giant batch -- I decided not to quarantine my own fish again until I could devote more time to it. With two young kids, an active career, and lots of other responsibilities, even I decided to let TSM handle my fish.

I have placed an order, I won't receive it for 2-3 weeks (I pre-ordered) but after a discussion with Matt, and doing my research, I am confident that they will do a great job. So confident in fact that I sent them a wish list for future additions over the next year.

It's tough out there, I highly recommend TSM thus far. I will update once I actually have fish though. :)

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As someone many might think is a "pro" in quarantining on here (I do have some successes, and also failures), I've decided I've had enough with the aggravation. I think I tried too many very large batches. I don't have access to the sources TSM does.

Also, a disease (velvet-like) that copper, CP, H202, Prazi, and Metro couldn't knock (multiple attempts at each) which eventually killed another giant batch -- I decided not to quarantine my own fish again until I could devote more time to it. With two young kids, an active career, and lots of other responsibilities, even I decided to let TSM handle my fish.

I have placed an order, I won't receive it for 2-3 weeks (I pre-ordered) but after a discussion with Matt, and doing my research, I am confident that they will do a great job. So confident in fact that I sent them a wish list for future additions over the next year.

It's tough out there, I highly recommend TSM thus far. I will update once I actually have fish though. :)
Great choice going with TSM. As you and I previously discussed TSM well over a year ago they're top notch when it comes QT and quality. Have no worries. I've acquired the following fish from them over the last couple years and have had no issues. Not to mention the fish arrived healthy and have never shown any signs of disease or parasites.

Hybrid Achilles Tang
Blonde Naso
Purple Tang
Yellow Tang
Lineatus Wrasse
Hawaiian Flame Wrase
Pintail Wrasse
Radiant Wrasse
African Cleaner Wrasse
Potters Angel
Midas Blenny
Mandarin
Hefrichi Firefish
Purple Firefish
Sunburst Anthias

Oberst Hajj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like most of you are going straight to either an observation tank or to the DT. Are you guys doing a drip acclimation or just floating the bag for temp?

KLaRue

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does @tsmaquatics quarantine all their inverts too?
I reached out to them previously with the same question and here's their response:

“Thanks for reaching out. All of our inverts and corals are maintained in fishless systems. Our turnover on coral is relatively slow and much of what we offer is propagated in house. New inverts like snails arrive every 2-3 weeks.

Thanks,
TSM Aquatics”

rmay6850

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last year I brought ich into my system through a fish purchased at my LFS, ended up going fallow for 80 days and am very glad I did.
During that time I did quite a bit of research and everything kept pointing me back to TSM. Since then I have purchased all my fish from them as follows:
Pair of sunburst anthias
3 bimac anthias
Potters Angel
Interruptis Angel
Gem tang
Pair of flame wrasse
Flame hawk
Rhomboid wrasse
Viveans wrasse
YWG
Pair of clowns

They have all come in extremely well packed, very healthy fish, and eating within a few hours of acclimation.
I highly recommend and trust Matt-and the team at TSM.
I am almost at capacity, but maybe a few more special ones before I’m complete.

Overboard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Last year I brought ich into my system through a fish purchased at my LFS, ended up going fallow for 80 days and am very glad I did.
During that time I did quite a bit of research and everything kept pointing me back to TSM. Since then I have purchased all my fish from them as follows:
Pair of sunburst anthias
3 bimac anthias
Potters Angel
Interruptis Angel
Gem tang
Pair of flame wrasse
Flame hawk
Rhomboid wrasse
Viveans wrasse
YWG
Pair of clowns

They have all come in extremely well packed, very healthy fish, and eating within a few hours of acclimation.
I highly recommend and trust Matt-and the team at TSM.
I am almost at capacity, but maybe a few more special ones before I’m complete.
That is good to hear. Those are not cheap fish!!

rmay6850

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed, and I was very comfortable acclimating and adding directly to DT

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back