Tube anemone and banded shrimp

yanni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

I’ve been debating getting a tube anemone for a while, and think I’m finally ready to pull the trigger on it. My biggest worry is my banded shrimp, as he’s quite the menace in the tank, loves to explore everything with his hands and super curious, I’d hate for him to try and explore the tube nem and get eaten by it.

any opinions or thoughts?

KING KONG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

I’ve been debating getting a tube anemone for a while, and think I’m finally ready to pull the trigger on it. My biggest worry is my banded shrimp, as he’s quite the menace in the tank, loves to explore everything with his hands and super curious, I’d hate for him to try and explore the tube nem and get eaten by it.

any opinions or thoughts?
My experience is just opposite to yours. My shrimp loved to cut my anemones tentacles :rolleyes: . It started from that my shrimp was stealing food from it then it killed or eaten my anemone

OP
OP
yanni

yanni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My experience is just opposite to yours. My shrimp loved to cut my anemones tentacles :rolleyes: . It started from that my shrimp was stealing food from it then it killed or eaten my anemone
Jesus I hope mine doesn’t eat it haha. I’ve seen my banded shrimp attack snails I’ve added and small dragonets, it’s such a menace. I love him, but don’t want to rehome him due to aggression. He also ripped apart an entire acan colony

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 123 58.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 75 35.9%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 62 29.7%
Back