Tubing for Kamoer X2SR question

CincyReefer07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So last fall I bought the Kamoer X2SR to use for daily 3-4 gallon auto water changes for my 310 gallon build. I haven’t really used it yet but I do know that the tubing that comes with it is way too short for my setup.

Has anyone changed the tubing to something else on this or bought longer lengths of the similar tubing that comes with it? I’m confused on what type of tubing or what size tubing I need to be looking for to buy and where to possibly get it from so that I can get it hooked up between my mixing station and my sump. On BRS site it says 9.5*12.5mm pvc tubing, I’m no plumbing expert but I’ve never heard of something called that size before? Is that the size I’m suppose to be looking for?

I’ll attach the BRS website info of the tubing it comes with
CF7D1765-518E-4CF2-A90C-F20DEADEBFD2.png
6A83F4F9-5B7A-4EBF-AC03-D7EAB96ECCEF.jpeg
E5ED1286-5BE0-41E0-B0DC-E307B694C792.jpeg

B60A8F9A-C3A7-4013-9EF3-D245BB1255CD.jpeg

OP
OP
CincyReefer07

CincyReefer07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Inside/outside diameter maybe? Nice fish room, btw! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
Didn’t think about that, ID/OD makes some sense. Just need to find that kind of tubing or a similar tubing that fits the connectors. And thanks! I appreciate it! It’s a bit of a mess right now with my “work” table in the middle of the room looking like a bomb went off on it lol

vinz4u

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi. I'm just doing that right now. It's a 3/8 ID and 1/2 OD tube. I am using a regular 1/4 RO tubing with 3/8 to 1/4 reduction stem to replace all the inlets and outlets. The head pressure should be fine. There is also a YouTube video about this.

OP
OP
CincyReefer07

CincyReefer07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you figure out what the tubing size was? I just ordered one of these and am trying to find the tubing size as well...
I bought clear tubing from Home Depot that had an inside diameter of 3/8” and outside diameter of 1/2”. Worked out perfect. Took a bit more forceful pressure to get it over the knobs of the connectors on the Kamoer x2sr over the much softer flexible tubing the x2sr comes with. But works great.

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. I'm just doing that right now. It's a 3/8 ID and 1/2 OD tube. I am using a regular 1/4 RO tubing with 3/8 to 1/4 reduction stem to replace all the inlets and outlets. The head pressure should be fine. There is also a YouTube video about this.

yeah I found it since I posted, got a big reel off Amazon, thanks!

That video mentions using John guests but I didn't like the way he adapted to the unit - lmk if you find a John guest attachment that screws right on to the pump head

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought clear tubing from Home Depot that had an inside diameter of 3/8” and outside diameter of 1/2”. Worked out perfect. Took a bit more forceful pressure to get it over the knobs of the connectors on the Kamoer x2sr over the much softer flexible tubing the x2sr comes with. But works great.
thanks. you still happy with the unit?
kinda nervous I just dropped 500$ on this thing, but after seeing the build quality in person I was impressed

OP
OP
CincyReefer07

CincyReefer07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks. you still happy with the unit?
kinda nervous I just dropped 500$ on this thing, but after seeing the build quality in person I was impressed
So far I am, but I haven’t gotten it dialed in just yet. I still need to calibrate it and play with it some. My first test run I did with it, it was clearly refilling and draining at the exact same rate and much faster than I anticipated as well. But I gotta get it calibrated still so that when I say I want it to drain and refill 4 gallons, it’s exactly 4 gallons. I haven’t messed with it much yet. Outside of getting the hose tubing finally ran and putting power to it and doing a quick check to make sure it can push and pull the water the distances it needed to

OP
OP
CincyReefer07

CincyReefer07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah they said it has serious power and ideal for a 'basement to display tank' kinda setup. im only going to be running mine about 12 feet though
It absolutely has more than enough power to do that. The section of hose of mine that pulls from my fresh saltwater tub to my sump when it goes 7-8 feet straight up then another 9-10 feet horizontally then down and into my sump pumps out very fast. I think the rate at which it pumps the water is even faster than advertised. For the distance you need it to go will be a piece of cake for it

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 37 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back