Tuning Short Pulse Wave Inside of Ecosmart Live

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

aarbutina

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Ecotech (or anyone else who is browsing this forum and may have an answer for this question), I am having trouble figuring out how to auto tune a short pulse wave using two MP40s that are currently linked to my Reeflink and thus Ecosmart live.

I basically want to be able to used the saved auto tuned short pulse with the Ecosmart Nutrient Export Mode. In the manual it states:

Phase one, or the wave phase, consists of the pumps puls- ing at an expanding frequency so as to achieve a resonant wave in any aquarium at some point in the pulse cycle. If you have already tuned a wave form into your EcoSMART driver by using the auto-tune function in Short Pulse Mode, this saved resonant wave will automatically be used during phase one of the this mode. The pulsing serves to raise de- bris and detritus from the bottom of the tank and behind the rock work, where it will then be migrated out from the water column and into your overflow during phase two.

What I am having trouble with though is that its appears that you can only autotune a wave for a two pump configuration (on running slave anti sync) if you disconnect the pumps from the reeflink and then asking them as master and slave. After you do that you can tune the save and save it. Unfortunately in order to get the MP40s connected back to the reeflink you have to do a factory reset so that it can detect them. In doing this it appears that you loose the wave you have just programed.

Am I missing something here? Something isn't making sense to me.

On a side not shouldn't you be able to autotune a wave through ecosmart live. It seems like that would be a very basic feature that should be incorporated.

Jakewatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am asking myself the exact same question....! is it not possible to auto-tune a wave in ecosmart live? i kinda bought the reeflink thinking it would make all these options easy....

Jakewatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any update on this question? Setting autotune wave in ecosmart live? i kinda bought the reeflink for this..... ;(

OP
OP
aarbutina

aarbutina

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So unfortunately you are going to be disappointed. I did get confirmation from technical support at Ecotech that the auto tuned wave function is wiped out when you link the driver to you reef link. Additionally there is no functionality in EcoSmart live at this time that allows for a wave to be auto tuned in the ESL at this time. When tech support asked the engineers about this they said this might be a functionality they may build in in the future.

To me this is a big miss. With one of the EcoSmart modes so dependent on this programmed pulse it if very puzzling why this wasn’t always built in to ESL.

OP
OP
aarbutina

aarbutina

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went into “Demo” mode and tuned my wave there, then just used input that pulse timing into the short pulse profile.
My understanding from Ecotech is that that short pulse isn’t used in the “nutrient export” EcoSmart mode.

Jakewatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really is a shame... there’s still a lot of room for improvement in that app... like a « stop pump » emergency button. I used the barely spinning mode (feed mode), cause I usually turn pumps off when feeding, was great the first few seconds then a thumping noise on the glass coming from both mp40’s (as if both sides weren’t aligned) and it jerked both dry sides apart from wet sides! Has anyone experienced this???

Also, does reeflink need to stay powered on once the schedule is programmed? Do you leave it on all the time?

Finally, how to easily get back to manual mode, ie just using the drivers directly without the reeflink?

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't use the "barely spinning" mode either. My factory 40QD's just bounce off. My 40WES upgraded with QD drivers and wet sides work fine, though. I've swapped around wet sides with no change.

Jakewatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't use the "barely spinning" mode either. My factory 40QD's just bounce off. My 40WES upgraded with QD drivers and wet sides work fine, though. I've swapped around wet sides with no change.
I used the app to update the pump drivers, it said they were up to date but I did it anyway, and it solved the problem. Barely spinning mode works.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 40 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.4%
Back