Tunze 3152 osmolator nano not working-need help troubleshooting.

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had this ATO for less than two years and it seems that the pump is out. The performance was spotty for a while then it just stopped working. Has this happened to anyone else? If so, were you able to fix it yourself or did you have to replace parts? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Is it just not coming on at all? What's it doing? #reefsquad

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following for more info

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have one and not even sure if they use pressure sensors or electric eye, but the first thing I'd do is clean that sensor component and start from there.

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I've had this ATO for less than two years and it seems that the pump is out. The performance was spotty for a while then it just stopped working. Has this happened to anyone else? If so, were you able to fix it yourself or did you have to replace parts? Any help is greatly appreciated!
Might have to get a new pump, i had the same problem a few years back.

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is why I don't like the tunze atos. their pumps are garbage. nothing beats a quality peristaltic!

OP
OP
glb

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I turn it on and I can hear something in the pump, but no water comes out. I'll take off the sensor and clean it, but from what I've read, the pumps on these don't last too long. At least they're only $25 to replace on Amazon. I cleaned the impeller a few times which was a temporary fix, but no more. I had switched to kalk in my ato water and wonder if that did it in. I'm back to using RODI only now. Where exactly is the sensor? I know it's up on the magnetic part but I'm not sure where. Thanks everyone.

Dapperjman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes air gets trapped - at least it has on mine and it wouldn't pump water. Turn it upside down under water to release any air and see if that helps.

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kalk will get caked on all the parts. gotta chip it off everything.

Hack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same problem with mine. I hear the motor turn on - but nothing comes out. I agree - air gets trapped inside - happens every time I re-fill the container. Once I bang it on the side of the container - it starts working again. Not very reliable. Going to move to something else soon...

bblumberg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same problem with mine. I hear the motor turn on - but nothing comes out. I agree - air gets trapped inside - happens every time I re-fill the container. Once I bang it on the side of the container - it starts working again. Not very reliable. Going to move to something else soon...

+1 on this. Trapped air makes the pump noisy and not pump water. One solution is to turn the pump upside down in the water (so that intake is up) and shake gently to remove trapped air. I have 2 of these units in my reefs and they work splendidly, unless I let the water run out. Then the "no pumping" problem inevitably occurs.

Bruce

OP
OP
glb

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on this. Trapped air makes the pump noisy and not pump water. One solution is to turn the pump upside down in the water (so that intake is up) and shake gently to remove trapped air. I have 2 of these units in my reefs and they work splendidly, unless I let the water run out. Then the "no pumping" problem inevitably occurs.

Bruce
I tried that once with no luck. I'll try again tomorrow!

bblumberg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried that once with no luck. I'll try again tomorrow!

It is not impossible that the pump is bad, but I'd try hard to get air bubbles out, shake it up and down, tilt from side to side (all under water of course), particularly when the pump is running. If this doesn't fix it, then a new pump might be needed. They are only about $30 or so including shipping.

Bruce

bruinfoodie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank goodness for this site, I swear sometimes I don’t know what I would do without it, I probably would have ordered a new pump already!

BanZI29

Still just a reefer noob!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have gone thru 3 pumps already. Everytime the pump does run but the pressure is not enough to get it to the tank. Its only about 3 feet from pump to top of the tank. It works for anout a month then just craps out. If I take.the hose and get it about level with where the pump is, it flows but, when i raise it up again, the flow stops. Tunzes are craptastic!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back