• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Tunze 3181 Macro Algae Reactor, used for one month/excellent condition

thisoldfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is an excellent condition/lightly used (1 month) Tunze 3181. Good for harvesting macro algae (best is Chaeto) for nutrient export. I used it for 1 month. Decided I prefer having a refugium so I could have other critters in there too, but this works fine if you need to save space/don't want a 'fuge.

It comes in the original box, all original equipment. Only thing missing is the tubing.

New (Marine Depot) $350 (Marine Depot Tunze)

Price for this $270 plus $15 shipping (US shipping only) or if you're in the Philadelphia area you can pick up/save the shipping

-Brad

IMG_6499.jpg IMG_6500.JPG IMG_6501.JPG IMG_6503.JPG IMG_6504.jpg IMG_6505.jpg

meinestrasse

Trusted Member & R2R Supporter
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May I ask why you are selling? I see a lot of folks selling chaeto reactors online after owning for a short time. Light pollution? Maintenance? Poor results? Curious because I’d like to try one.

OP
OP
T

thisoldfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I prefer an old fashioned refugium. Initially I didn’t want to take space in my sump so I tried this. It works ok but I felt like I had to frequently tinker w the flow to get it just right for the chaeto to keep spinning. The maintenance isn’t so bad- it does of course get algae but it is very easy to pop the top and clean. I highly recommend disconnects on the tubing to make that easier.
After a month I decided I prefer a standard refugium.

Back