Tunze 3181 Reactor - Cheato Reactor

NeilH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the cheato need to be spinning in the Tunze 3181 reactor to work properly? I put a small ball of cheato in and it was spinning for a short time now it is just at the bottom. The pump is at the same level as the reactor but I have about 3-1/2' of tube going in and 2-1/2' coming out of the reactor. I also have the pump turned up all the way. Thanks for any assistance. I just want to make sure I am doing this correctly.

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No it doesnt. I ran one on a 240 reef and will run it in my fish building. It seemed like it spun stopped spun a lot but it grew evenly. I am, however, going to peel the tint off Mine and run grow led strips in a spiral to increase growth.

OP
OP
N

NeilH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I wasn't sure and the manual really didn't say anything. I think I might pickup another light bar for the other side. I will give this a few weeks and see if it really helps with my nitrates. Appreciate your reply.

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I wasn't sure and the manual really didn't say anything. I think I might pickup another light bar for the other side. I will give this a few weeks and see if it really helps with my nitrates. Appreciate your reply.
No problem.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 6.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back