Tunze 6055

drowzee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Received my 2 Tunze 6055 and hooked it to a single controller. So far i am happy and my corals are too. Compact, high flow, efficient and quiet.

149278709-M.jpg

149278696-M.jpg

149278549-M.jpg

It replaced 2 good Tunze 6045 but the extra flow is very cool.

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow, you are the first person i've seen posted who got them so far. and dang, you paid ALOT for all of that.

i would love to get ahold of them, but considering all the troubles i've had with the 6025's, and reports of problems STILL with the 6025's, and now problems with some of the 6045's...i just cant bring myself to putting up that much money for an un-proved product.

i know Tunze is great and all, and they have great customer service...but the price tag hurts when it doesn't work correctly.

how long did you have that on order before you got it? and from where?

does it pulse well? what size tank do you have it on?

JeffReef

Got Zoa Pox?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Received my 2 Tunze 6055 and hooked it to a single controller. So far i am happy and my corals are too. Compact, high flow, efficient and quiet.

149278709-M.jpg

149278696-M.jpg

149278549-M.jpg

It replaced 2 good Tunze 6045 but the extra flow is very cool.

Dumb question: Do you need (2) single controllers for the (2) 6055s that you got?

Jeff

OP
OP
drowzee

drowzee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow, you are the first person i've seen posted who got them so far. and dang, you paid ALOT for all of that.

i would love to get ahold of them, but considering all the troubles i've had with the 6025's, and reports of problems STILL with the 6025's, and now problems with some of the 6045's...i just cant bring myself to putting up that much money for an un-proved product.

i know Tunze is great and all, and they have great customer service...but the price tag hurts when it doesn't work correctly.

how long did you have that on order before you got it? and from where?

does it pulse well? what size tank do you have it on?

Just got it today. I work for a LFS part time and he ordered them from Champion a while back. He's name was first so he was first to get it. Because I work for him I got a lot of discount but my pocket throbs every now and then. I have a 6025 and 2 6045 and had no problems with both. I have it on my 120 and flow is great. Still waiting for a Y adapter to hook the other one up but the other one set with the controller pulses very well.

just dave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
depends on the product...i knew tunze was on the low end...

but deltec...HA...20% is just a fraction of the mark up. ;)

On all Tunze products there is a 18% difference form Tunze's MSRP vs. the wholesale cost I pay.

twon8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On all Tunze products there is a 18% difference form Tunze's MSRP vs. the wholesale cost I pay.

some stores which have areas get a higher percentage; here in richmond there are a few lfs and one of them paid for the tunze distributorship/official supplier/?? and he gets a few percent more.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 34.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back