Tunze 7096 USB connection to Laptop op system Windows 10

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

eddawse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having a heck of a time getting my 7096 Multicontroller connected to Windows 10.
Been trawling through forums all over the place, but no definative answer or process as to how I get my computer to recognise the USB port as the Multicontroller.
Have downloaded latest software from Tunze, but upon start-up just notes 'No unit found!'.
Very frustrating.
Hopefully someone has been through this and can assist?
Thanks

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check in the settings that the 7096 is assigned to Com 1, 2 or 3. This is the usual issue, the software only checks com 1, 2 and 3 and then gives up, often these ports are occupied by built in accessories, this controller is quite old and came out when XP was the OS and most computers had far fewer built ins, on a modern computer usually the webcam, etc occupy all the first few ports and have to be reassigned.

OP
OP
E

eddawse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check in the settings that the 7096 is assigned to Com 1, 2 or 3. This is the usual issue, the software only checks com 1, 2 and 3 and then gives up, often these ports are occupied by built in accessories, this controller is quite old and came out when XP was the OS and most computers had far fewer built ins, on a modern computer usually the webcam, etc occupy all the first few ports and have to be reassigned.
Hi Roger.

Firstly can I commend Tunze and you personally for your prompt response.
I have read many forum posts across multiple sites searching for an answer on this, and can see how active you are and quick to render assistance! A great reflection on both Tunze and your personal commitment to customer satisfaction.

Secondly, as per my email response to Tunze;

I actually think I resolved it.
I downloaded a driver update at https://ftdichip.com/drivers/vcp-drivers/, and next time I loaded the software it connected.
I was able to upload and download programs to the multicontroller.
For some reason though the icon for the tunze software disappeared and is now just a blank white document icon?
It isn't affecting the operation so I am not worried at this stage.

For anyone seeking similar assistance, the following links proved most helpful to me:

Hopefully can save a few headaches with this post.....

OP
OP
E

eddawse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Roger.

Firstly can I commend Tunze and you personally for your prompt response.
I have read many forum posts across multiple sites searching for an answer on this, and can see how active you are and quick to render assistance! A great reflection on both Tunze and your personal commitment to customer satisfaction.

Secondly, as per my email response to Tunze;

I actually think I resolved it.
I downloaded a driver update at https://ftdichip.com/drivers/vcp-drivers/, and next time I loaded the software it connected.
I was able to upload and download programs to the multicontroller.
For some reason though the icon for the tunze software disappeared and is now just a blank white document icon?
It isn't affecting the operation so I am not worried at this stage.

For anyone seeking similar assistance, the following links proved most helpful to me:

Hopefully can save a few headaches with this post.....
Also, for note;
I was programming off a laptop with no other USB devices connected. I was connected to 5ghZ WiFi.
Used a 0.5m USB A - USB A cord.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you and I apologize for not catching the driver update issue, I sometimes forget the details on the older products I am out of practice with.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back