Tunze 9001 set up issues

Jamakle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have just bought a tunze 9001 skimmer and I’m having trouble installing it. Mainly as I have a 4cm ledge/brace running around the top edge of my tank and with the supplied spacer I wasn’t getting enough clearance. To overcome this I used a spare tunze magnet on the magnet fitted to the skimmer to increase the clearance but now when I put the magnet on the outside of the tank it isn’t strong enough and the skimmer falls off.

Can anyone offer any advice? Would fitting an extra plastic spacer be better than two magnets on the skimmer?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have just bought a tunze 9001 skimmer and I’m having trouble installing it. Mainly as I have a 4cm ledge/brace running around the top edge of my tank and with the supplied spacer I wasn’t getting enough clearance. To overcome this I used a spare tunze magnet on the magnet fitted to the skimmer to increase the clearance but now when I put the magnet on the outside of the tank it isn’t strong enough and the skimmer falls off.

Can anyone offer any advice? Would fitting an extra plastic spacer be better than two magnets on the skimmer?
Extra spacer should work. Just be sure you maintain proper water height for the unit

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back