Tunze 9410 DC DOC Skimmer Review

Ecotech Marine

ReefHog

View Badges
Reaction score
So far so good. The additional few inches of height really affords the foam an opportunity to drain. I like the consistency of the skimmate, not too dry, not too wet, just right. The 1300mL capacity is pretty nice too.
PXL_20210418_161740181.jpg
I saw they cup a few years back. Looks like they just welded two cups together. Where did you find yours? The only ones I have seen are from EU and half the price of a new skimmer.

Zoanthids

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I saw they cup a few years back. Looks like they just welded two cups together. Where did you find yours? The only ones I have seen are from EU and half the price of a new skimmer.
Roger had the only two left in the world.

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
And you won the lottery ;)
It was a little expensive, but we're talking about the rare and elusive 9015 cup, it should probably be in a museum. Roger has the last one in a vault in an undisclosed location.

I have the AC model so I don't have the infinite adjustability of all my DC brethren. My only option is clamping off the air, which makes the water coming out of the standpipe get noisy, and who wants to reduce the amount of air in their skimmer anyway? I want it more air! This cup on a DC model would be great too. You could turn up the pump and increase the performance quite a bit.

What percentage of blue versus white lighting do you think makes the best coral growth combo?

• All Blue

Votes: 12 2.5%
  • Mostly Blue

Votes: 303 62.5%
  • Even Balance

Votes: 122 25.2%
  • Mostly White

Votes: 39 8.0%
  • All White

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 8 1.6%