Tunze 9410 or Deltec 600i skimmer.........you have to pick one!

Dukereefnz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tunze 9410 or Deltec 600i skimmer.........
Both are great skimmers, but if you had to pick one ... which one?

85G tank - 36 x 24 x 24

Second tank here... last skimmer was a Deltec many moons ago.(12yrs).
Hell every thing has changed, from my old days the only thing that seems the same is they make bubbles and skimmers are made of plastic...!

Help an old guy out here... which would you buy?

Mrod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hve not had a deltec so can only comment on the tunze. I love the tunze, have the dc version

for me it was a combination of wanting good performance, lower height in sump, easy to clean and trusting others in this site who all had great feedback and suggested to me also.
I saw a reef builders review and jake liked it a lot but didn’t use the filter chamber. I figured I would not either but for me I like it as no sound in my sump and I run some carbon and gfo when needed in there nicely.
They also make a larger collection cup (2 options) as that was the only feedback I did hear people say they wish was bigger. For me no issues but I may consider one of the larger cups for any extended future vacations but right now just change 1-2x a week as needed.

good luck whichever you pick and don’t be surprised if 5 more brands get suggested to make your decision even harder as everyone has their favorite, lol.

trmiv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Tunze 9410 DC is hands down the best skimmer I’ve ever owned, and I’ve owned a lot over the years. It just works without much tweaking and pulls a lot of gunk daily. I can just adjust the pump speed if I want to skim dryer or wetter and it’s very precise. The only knock I have is the cup is small, but the plus side is since the neck and cup are one piece, every time I take the cup off to clean it, I’m cleaning the neck too. I’ve haven’t felt the need to clean the entire skimmer since the neck stays perfectly clean. It’s also really easy to get the cup assembly off to clean it so it’s not a pain to do it frequently.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back